Damn connection...

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Damn connection...
Whenever play battlefield or halo, I disconnect from the server. It's annoying as shit, can't even play. I'm on a wireless connection, but it's really close to the modem. Solutions?
Is it just those games? And during when does it happen? While searching? In a game? At a menu?
Plug in to the modem for a few games. Better, same? Is your connection to your isp's routers resetting?
Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Is it just those games? And during when does it happen? While searching? In a game? At a menu?
In game. With halo I freeze up and it says starting game. With bfbc2 it just dc's and takes me back to the main menu.

Quote Originally Posted by richdude212 View Post
Plug in to the modem for a few games. Better, same? Is your connection to your isp's routers resetting?
It didn't do this when I started using a wireless connection.

And I still dc.
check your anti virus and firewall.
Open up some ports
Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Open up some ports
How.......?
Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
How.......?
For me i just type my IP adress into my url bar and click a few buttons
try that


EDIT WITH A C&P
would have taken you 5 seconds to find this out by googleing
If your NAT (Network Adress Translation) is "moderate" or "strict" you will only be able to play with people who have a open NAT. You can find out what you are by going to "System" on the Xbox 360 dashboard, click on "Network Settings" and test your connection. Upon passing all tests it will tell you your NAT status at the bottom.

If your using a router or other gateway device you need to port forward certain ports.

Open up your start menu, click on "Run..." type 'Command' once the command window comes up type, 'ipconfig /all' take note of your "Default gateway", you might need to scroll down.

Open up a browser window. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera...

Type your default gateway and it should access your router.

You may have to enter your username and password, if you havent changed it, it should still be default, 'admin' for both username and password, sometimes 'Username' and 'Password' if you cant figure it out contact the maker.

First off make sure UPnP (Universal plug and play)

Now, this varies for all routers, but usually its under Advanced Settings or something along those lines, some even have a port forward tab, others are called application sharing or using.

Then open ports, or open application ports or assign application/game.

The following ports must be opened...

UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

..Sorted.

Any troubles email me.

If your default gateway doesnt work, or you cant get into your router go to www.portforward.com and look up your router.
i take no credits for that
I did the thing where u type in the ip and got there before, but I just did the basic, putting in a password to prevent leechers. When I plug my computer back in, i'll do that and let you know how it goes.
Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
I did the thing where u type in the ip and got there before, but I just did the basic, putting in a password to prevent leechers. When I plug my computer back in, i'll do that and let you know how it goes.
Make sure to open the 3 ports as well
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?