QuestionWhat do to with addys :/

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
What do to with addys :/
Hello, Im very new in C++ stuff and I´m still learning it from a book. But before I want to cpmplete it I just want to know what to do with addys which I founded. I don´t want to code a hack but I just want to know. For example: Onehitkill-Addy:
0x7F8
So I need a working base. But how do I write or work with that addy. I just know that I have to define it or something like that. Can anyone please explain me. Thank you
Code:
DWORD addy = 0x555FACE;
Then use a write memory function to write in it....For a DLL>> memcpy((void*)addy, (void*)bytes, (void*)size)
Quote Originally Posted by user590177 View Post
Code:
DWORD addy = 0x555FACE;
Then use a write memory function to write in it....For a DLL>> memcpy((void*)addy, (void*)bytes, (void*)size)
OM You helped me alot thank you ^^
Quote Originally Posted by user590177 View Post
Code:
DWORD addy = 0x555FACE;
Then use a write memory function to write in it....For a DLL>> memcpy((void*)addy, (void*)bytes, (void*)size)
Hmm Made it on other way. Just learned API programming
In your sig you say you know c++ and you teach the others...
That is kinda basic
Quote Originally Posted by ___[.T.]___ View Post
In your sig you say you know c++ and you teach the others...
That is kinda basic
Yeah but only the basic. Ive got a book at home and I looked thorugh it but tehre wasnt anything about that
First off, I doubt you made a good hack if you don't know how to use / manage addys. Now are you trying to set your addy to a specific value? Or maybe you need to just NOP the addy...
Quote Originally Posted by fukojr2 View Post
First off, I doubt you made a good hack if you don't know how to use / manage addys. Now are you trying to set your addy to a specific value? Or maybe you need to just NOP the addy...
Changing the value & NOPing is the same thing. Except NOPing usually means you're changing a place in memory that is meant to be executed.
Is something like this:

0x94E7A5

the same as an offset like:

0xF3A

Do you manipulate them the same way?
Quote Originally Posted by aanthonyz View Post
Is something like this:

0x94E7A5

the same as an offset like:

0xF3A

Do you manipulate them the same way?
They're just numbers there's nothing special about them. the 0x just implies its hexadecimal. Otherwise when you type F3A the C++ compiler might think its a variable name since they can have Letters and numbers too. YOu could just as easily write the equivalent value in decimal:

0x94E7A5 = 9758629 in decimal
0xF3A = 3898 in decimal

So to answer your question, yes you can use them the same, but I will also go so far as to say you can also use them just as you would any other numbers, because that's all they are.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post


They're just numbers there's nothing special about them. the 0x just implies its hexadecimal. Otherwise when you type F3A the C++ compiler might think its a variable name since they can have Letters and numbers too. YOu could just as easily write the equivalent value in decimal:

0x94E7A5 = 9758629 in decimal
0xF3A = 3898 in decimal

So to answer your question, yes you can use them the same, but I will also go so far as to say you can also use them just as you would any other numbers, because that's all they are.
Oh, so I can set a certain value to both of them?
Im a beginner in all this memory stuff.

Lets say I got 0xF3A as the address for AmmoDamage.
How would I change it, so that it doesnt do damage to people, or so it does CHUCK NORRIS damage?
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?