what's the best gaming system

Pollwhat's the best gaming system?
52 votes
Posts 1–15 of 34 · Page 1 of 3
what's the best gaming system
Pick the best gaming system you like the best, and in the post say the game that you like to play on the system.
The best console is the PS3, but as far as a gaming system, your PC will always be best. (unless you own a junky PC)
I voted PC
Almost any game of importance on the xBox is on the PC
PCs can always be upgraded...
To upgrade a game system...you have to buy an entire new system (PS2 - PS3)
PC POWENS ALLL MUHAHAHAHAHAHA =D
I haven't played on the newer consoles, so I had to vote PC. Besides, all you need to do is invest in a few things like more RAM, a Graphics card, monitor, and a control or joystick, and your PC can be just like a console, maybe faster.

Also, aren't there emulators (I think they are called something else nowadays for the newer consoles) that will allow you to play games on your computer that are only released out on console? And that's saying what isn't out for consoles isn't out for PC's. They tend to have PC games that are from the different consoles, thus allowing you to play games without investing in the different consoles.
That was one issue I had with my PS2, I often saw games for other systems I wanted to try, since anymore the game departments at places like Best Buy are unfairly small. I know, there are other stores like EB and a few others, but the better prices are at the conglomerate stores.

And lastly, the controls. The only other issue I have ever found with the computer. Using the keyboard and mouse instead of a controller. Something about the PS2's, and the XBOX's controllers gives them the feeling of much better control. This is no longer a problem, since now the same company's that make the consoles, also make computers and peripherals. Like Microsoft, I know cause I wanted to find one, has a controller for like 20 bucks, and it's basically an XBOX controller.

So unless you have that huge plasma sitting in your living room, your computer is the same. And since most monitors are flat tube or plasma (plasma is now the standard the last I checked), the computer screen will be sharper than your old TV.
I have a 20" HD monitor, but I usually use my projector, and put it on the wall in front of me. Imagine playing CA on a 7ft by 7ft screen.
Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
I have a 20" HD monitor, but I usually use my projector, and put it on the wall in front of me. Imagine playing CA on a 7ft by 7ft screen.
Hook up some surround sound as well, that would be great.
QUESTION: How do projection screens look?? Sharp as an HD???
You cant. At least i dont think you can, Well they do use HD in the theater and they use a projection screen.
Oh thats awesome but do you just hook the pc monitor the the projector? or what
Quote Originally Posted by XxxMattstaxxX View Post
Oh thats awesome but do you just hook the pc monitor the the projector? or what
I hook the projector to my tower.


EDIT: It just hit my how this thread has nothing to do with CA, and should probably be moved.
Quote Originally Posted by XxxMattstaxxX View Post
You cant. At least i dont think you can, Well they do use HD in the theater and they use a projection screen.
Yeah, in the movie theatre they use IMAX. It's sorta like High Speed film, there is alot more frames in an IMAX movie than a regular projector, and it will create a sharper image with some of the technology within it.

Sorry, I watch alot of fuckin' Discovery Channel.


Alright here, Check this out for info about IMAX. Turns out some fuckin' Canadians made this shit, go figure...
IMAX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if you want to know the resolution differences between standard 35mm and IMAX, check this out. You just have to read a little bit into it:
TristanPipo.com » Last Update Was Sunday - IMAX Resolution
Lol, who the hell voted for PS3...
The computer be the pwnting machine. Its incomparable to consoles.
My projection screen is not in HD, I doubt that's even possible for a home projector. I have aux jacks in the back of my PC, so technically I could hook a TV up to it, and use it like a monitor.

Also, the quality all depends on your Projector. Mines looks as good as a regular monitor would, just a lot bigger.
Oh well now i know what IMAX is, thanks
360 wooooooooooooo
Posts 1–15 of 34 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?