[Help]Cannot Include File 'd3dx9.h'

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
[Help]Cannot Include File 'd3dx9.h'
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h'
I get this error every time I try to compile my project.
I've installed DirectX SDK and did #include <d3dx9.h> but still nothing
Okay, go to Tool > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ Directories

Then check to see if the DirectX SDK is in your Includes Directory. If it is not, you will have to browse to whatever folder you installed DirectX SDK and manually provide the directories, And do this for the Include, Lib, and Executable (bin) directories as well.


If after that you still get errors, make sure to manually add the dependencies your project needs, by going to Project > Properties > Configureation > Linker > Input and adding the dll or lib depending on how ur linking, (static or dynamic) to Additional Dependencies.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Okay, go to Tool > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ Directories

Then check to see if the DirectX SDK is in your Includes Directory. If it is not, you will have to browse to whatever folder you installed DirectX SDK and manually provide the directories, And do this for the Include, Lib, and Executable (bin) directories as well.


If after that you still get errors, make sure to manually add the dependencies your project needs, by going to Project > Properties > Configureation > Linker > Input and adding the dll or lib depending on how ur linking, (static or dynamic) to Additional Dependencies.
I can't do it the first way and I tried the second way and still won't let me compile it...
Quote Originally Posted by Lawllypawp View Post
I can't do it the first way and I tried the second way and still won't let me compile it...
What do you mean you cant do it that way?
You should be able to do it like that.
Quote Originally Posted by aanthonyz View Post
What do you mean you cant do it that way?
You should be able to do it like that.
ⓘ
VC++ 2010 doesn't allow it:\
Quote Originally Posted by Lawllypawp View Post
VC++ 2010 doesn't allow it:\
Do you even have a project open ?
This aint 2008 you gotta add it too every project you wanna use Directx in
Where as 2008 add it one time and no need to worry bout adding again
In VS 2010, Tools/Options does not have a VC++ directories tab (where you normally set the include/lib search folders). Instead if you take project settings for a C++ project, you’ll see VC++ Directories listed under Configuration Properties. Of course these are per project and not per user (as in VS 2008). If you want to change it for the current user globally, bring up the Property Manager and then you’ll see various property sheets under Debug and Release (there may be more configurations on your machine). Just edit the property sheet named Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user and now you’ll have set it globally for your user for that specific configuration.




Please search google next time...I found this in 36 seconds...I timed myself.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us