[Help] Obtaining Document IDs [solved]

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
[Help] Obtaining Document IDs [solved]
Ok this is driving me kinda nuts, im not sure if im missing something or just being an idiot but I cant seem to find any button ID's or the first password ID. Im trying to make an account creator like my combat arms one. I found everything else but the first password and any buttons.

I just went to the BFP4F site then hit signup then hit view page source and did it that way, thats how I learned to do it anyways.

Heres Wat I Got Already (Feel free to use them in your own program)

Email ID = "Email"
Password ID = "Password" But it does not work
Password Confirmation ID = "Password2"
Country ID = "Country"
Date Of Birth Day ID = "dob_day"
Date Of Birth Month ID = "dob_month"
Date Of Birth Year ID = "dob_year"
Terms And Conditions ID = "tos_accept"
Email Newsletter ID = "optin"
Next Button ID = Not Found
Reset Button ID = Not Found
To get the "Next" button:

[highlight=vb.net]
Dim nextButton As HtmlElement = (From h As HtmlElement in WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("button" ) Where h.InnerText = "Next" Select h)(0)
nextButton.invokemember("click")
[/highlight]
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
To get the "Next" button:

[highlight=vb.net]
Dim nextButton As HtmlElement = (From h As HtmlElement in WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("button" ) Where h.InnerText = "Next" Select h)(0)
nextButton.invokemember("click")
[/highlight]
ah thanks dude will give it a try, wat about the password one i assume its similar to that, its the one i need the most.
Quote Originally Posted by silentrunner2 View Post
ah thanks dude will give it a try, wat about the password one i assume its similar to that, its the one i need the most.
As far as I can see the ID for the password box is correct, I'll have a look soon.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


As far as I can see the ID for the password box is correct, I'll have a look soon.
Yh its kinda freaking me out all are working except the password one, I like triple checked my code to make sure I didn't make some dum mistake and all seems clean, I type in my textbox but nothing happens lol. Thanks for that code btw works gd
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
To get the "Next" button:

[highlight=vb.net]
Dim nextButton As HtmlElement = (From h As HtmlElement in WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("button" ) Where h.InnerText = "Next" Select h)(0)
nextButton.invokemember("click")
[/highlight]
WOW Jason thats exactly what i need ! Thanks!

But one question, The TagName is what? The button name? Or what?
Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto Machida View Post


WOW Jason thats exactly what i need ! Thanks!

But one question, The TagName is what? The button name? Or what?
No, the 'tagname' is the name of the HTML tags you want to get. In this case the tagname was "button"

<button ...etc >
^^^^^
TagName.
Anyideas about the password ID its all I need to finish the creator its really bugging me can't figure it out. Help out a noob in need, thanks for the help as usual jason I can see why your a minion.
Okay I found the problem, the people that made the site are a bit silly, they used the same ID "password" twice, a little splash of LINQ will help out again!

[highlight=vb.net]
Dim pword As HtmlElement = WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input") .Cast(Of HtmlElement).Where(Function(h As HtmlElement) h.TabIndex = 5 AndAlso h.Id = "password").Single()
pword.SetAttribute("value", "FIXEDIT")
[/highlight]

Enjoy!
Thanks dude check ur inbox its not much but my way of saying thanks.
Jason is just PRO!!!!!!!!

Hope some day code like him
Thread is marked as solved.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us