Is Vindictus Hacking in Wineskin possible?

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Is Vindictus Hacking in Wineskin possible?
I played a bit of Vindictus when I had a PC and it was awesome, but I had to buy a mac for my work so I can't play it on a PC, however I found a program a while back that can convert most windows software for mac use called Wineskin.

Now I was actually really close to getting this to work but, I was halted by the hackshield I think, an error keeps popping up which says "oreans.vxd driver error" or something, and apparently Wineskin can not access the program as a result of the hackshield.

I'm new to this so if I'm breaking any of the forum rules I'm really sorry,
but I've been scouring all over the internet looking for ways to kill this Fing thing, and I've been running out of luck, I apologize if I sound like I'm begging but can anybody help me out? Or atleast point me in the right direction?

Cause I really think once I take care of that hackshield I might be able to get it running on my mac...its the only thing that's messing it up, I even ran it on a virtual desktop once, I had to delete it tough cause the VM took up too much space...
You could see if VMWare Player works on mac, you'll need a valid windows installation disk & serial though.
I'm pretty sure hackshield detects being run inside a virtual machine, but it's worth trying I guess
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
You could see if VMWare Player works on mac, you'll need a valid windows installation disk & serial though.
I'm pretty sure hackshield detects being run inside a virtual machine, but it's worth trying I guess
Yea i tried that with VM for my window xp.. caz i wanted to run two accs at the same time without going back n forth to other users.... but it didnt work.. everytime i run vind i remember is say error something...
Quote Originally Posted by Hitman 47 View Post
Yea i tried that with VM for my window xp.. caz i wanted to run two accs at the same time without going back n forth to other users.... but it didnt work.. everytime i run vind i remember is say error something...
Actually thats the weird part, it WORKED through a VM, I was using Parallels, not VMWare Fusion. But I really don't want to use those as VMs in general seem to lag down my mac.

Because I mean everything else I've been able to do is working, the only thing thats stopping me is that stupid hackshield, so what can I do? Will any hackshields that people have made here work? cause I might have tried it once but I either didn't do it right or I got downloaded the wrong program I think...
use bootcamp+install windows=profit?
Its still using a windows OS, hacking the hackshield is the only solution I've got left, every other option results in using a VM, but will slow down my mac when not in use for whatever reason, maybe cause I don't have enough space? I usually like to have roughly 100-120 free on my mac, but it hasn't been like that for a while now... So thats why I use wineskin cause its efficient and saves up ALOT of space...
So which hackshield would you guys say is the best to use? I mean I've been looking around the forums at what could work but I'm not entirely sure I'm using the right ones..
no one has gotten Vindictus working in Wine as far as I know. Since all normal Wineskin engines use normal Wine builds... if it doesn't work with normal Wine, it won't work with Wineskin... unless you modify Wine source itself and build a custom Wineskin Engine.

WineHQ - Vindictusⓘ
Quote Originally Posted by wonderwall555 View Post
I played a bit of Vindictus when I had a PC and it was awesome, but I had to buy a mac for my work so I can't play it on a PC, however I found a program a while back that can convert most windows software for mac use called Wineskin.

Now I was actually really close to getting this to work but, I was halted by the hackshield I think, an error keeps popping up which says "oreans.vxd driver error" or something, and apparently Wineskin can not access the program as a result of the hackshield.

I'm new to this so if I'm breaking any of the forum rules I'm really sorry,
but I've been scouring all over the internet looking for ways to kill this Fing thing, and I've been running out of luck, I apologize if I sound like I'm begging but can anybody help me out? Or atleast point me in the right direction?

Cause I really think once I take care of that hackshield I might be able to get it running on my mac...its the only thing that's messing it up, I even ran it on a virtual desktop once, I had to delete it tough cause the VM took up too much space...


doesnt the new macs got this feature that you can install a windows OS in it, my schools mac computers (which they are like almost 1yrs old) got that feature. tho you would need a valid Windows OS installer.
Boot Camp? As I said, VMs aren't efficient and they lag your mac, this is smarter and takes less space.

Also doh123, but again, isn't that only because of the hackshield which prevents the usage of the game on multiple computers? Wouldn't it be true if that was removed the game would run? Or is there something else thats stoping it? Cause even on the CrossOver Forums they've said its Themida's shield thats causing the problems.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?