Exclamation"Media test failed, check cable"

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
"Media test failed, check cable"
PXE-E61: Media test failure, chexk cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
What is this, and what does it mean?


Additional Info:
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Windows XP Professional (SP1)

I also got the "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" BSoD, multiple times...

Is my computer F**KED, or is there a quick, easy, FREE fix?
I'm afraid I can't help you with this, but have you googled for your problem? When I enter the Error in Google there are lots of hits.
"KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR"
This Stop message indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This Stop message is usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware.

"media test failure"
new to this and not much of an expert but i've been dealing with the exact problem, i think i'm getting close. I've read the same advise some many times over, "Bios". So i took my time and located where u can disable the network boot option.
1. "F2" to get into setup
2. Arrow to "Advanced" tab
3. With "I/O Device Configuration" selected hit enter. (This will expand I/O options further)
4. Arrow down to "Internal LAN", hit enter and select Disable.
5. Hit Esc to get back to the main options.
6. You can tab over to "Boot" and it should have removed "Boot from LAN" as an option.
7. (You caught up to me) Now i'm trying to get my Operating system to load correctly.
Quote Originally Posted by flamepwn1 View Post
"KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR"
This Stop message indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This Stop message is usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware.

"media test failure"
new to this and not much of an expert but i've been dealing with the exact problem, i think i'm getting close. I've read the same advise some many times over, "Bios". So i took my time and located where u can disable the network boot option.
1. "F2" to get into setup
2. Arrow to "Advanced" tab
3. With "I/O Device Configuration" selected hit enter. (This will expand I/O options further)
4. Arrow down to "Internal LAN", hit enter and select Disable.
5. Hit Esc to get back to the main options.
6. You can tab over to "Boot" and it should have removed "Boot from LAN" as an option.
7. (You caught up to me) Now i'm trying to get my Operating system to load correctly.
I can't get any farther than step 3... I don't have the red option, Under advanced, this is exactly what it gives me:

IDE Controller__________ {BOTH}[/black] {Primary}{Disabled} <-- Other options

Parallel Port: __________[color=black ]{Enabled}
{Disabled}

[indent] Mode: [tab] {Bi-directional} <-- OPTIONS WHEN I CLICK ENTER -->
{Normal Mode}
{Bi-directional}
{ECP}
{EPP}
[indent] Base I/O address__________278 OTHER OPTIONS:
{378}
{278}
{3BC}

[indent]Interrupt:________{IRQ 7} OTHER OPTIONS
{IRQ 5}
{IRQ 7}
Legacy USB Support:__________{Enabled} OTHER OPTIONS
{Disabled}
{Enabled}



THOSE ARE MY OPTIONS UNDER "Advanced"


Please excuse the fact that it looks like crap, I tried to make it as realistic as possible.....
ALSO: I don't know if this makes a difference, but... My laptop's NOT recognising my HDD!!!!!
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us