Basic Pop-Out Tutorial; GIMP

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Basic Pop-Out Tutorial; GIMP
This is not my tutorial, yet it is my property.
This was posted by a user on my website a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by l33tpwnzer,Jun 25 2008, 11:04 PM
first make new image 400x150
Brush it however u want ur bg
I Didnt Brush Its Just An Example
when u got ur bg go to image canvas size and use the following settings


then u should have somethin like this

after that make a new layer
paste your render on it should pop out like so


then ctrl m and press merge
then on layer tab right click your 1 layer and alpha to section then right click the image then go to edit copy then right click again and paste as new image

And U get This


-Hope This Helps

Ps.The Sig Should Come Out Like THis once its saved and uploaded

no Checkerd
Nice... I'll make one for Paint Shop Pro later. =)
Thanks alot. This is really helpful
I'm sure I could have made a WAY better tut than this, but this describes the basics.
Quote Originally Posted by Jo33333 View Post
I'm sure I could have made a WAY better tut than this, but this describes the basics.
Yeah, as long as it's simple enuf for a beginner to use it. You did good job.
Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
Yeah, as long as it's simple enuf for a beginner to use it. You did good job.
Didn't write it
A user on my webby did.
Quote Originally Posted by Jo33333 View Post
Didn't write it
A user on my webby did.
Either way, it wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't post it. :P
Nvm, got it,
Quote Originally Posted by Super Martin View Post
I dont get this part:
then ctrl m and press merge
then on layer tab right click your 1 layer and alpha to section then right click the image then go to edit copy then right click again and paste as new image

Hel pls?
Translation:
Go to your layer tab, right click your layer and select;
"Alpha to Selection"

Then, right click the image and select copy, and paste as a new image.
how do u do this in photoshop :>!
Well I got a question, when I save it, it gets all white 'n stuff:
think you're supposed to save it as a .png file for transparency
Lolz, I know, but I don't use gimp anymore matey
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us