BitchPad

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
BitchPad
So I made this simple Notepad a while ago and thought I might release it. It's basic, I know, the GUI sucks, I know. It was the second thing I made in VB (the first being a 'webbrowser' if you could call it that). Anyway, 'enjoy'.

P.S I am sorry about the name, I couldn't think of anything else.

Features
  • Open, saves, creates Rich Text Files
  • Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Clear, Select All (The usual)
  • Change the colour of text
  • Change the style of font
  • Basic Word Count (Took me ages to figure this out) First message box = # of lines Second = # of words
  • Insert and Remove date
  • Zoom (50%-300%)
  • Lock and Unlock (Set a password)
  • Help Menu


The motive of this program was creating a file that works with Rich Text Files, while maintaining the file size of a normal text file. It can support pictures and hyperlinking, but the file size remains 1/5 that of the same content made in a normal word processing program.

Thanks Guys.




Scans;
Scan 1 0/31
Scan 2 0/5

*Sorry for the inconvenience of the 2nd scan, I can't use any other scanners for some reason D:
BitchPad.zipattachment deleted · 11 downloads before removal
Basic Word Count (Took me ages to figure this out) First message box = # of lines Second = # of word
Why not use a status bar for this or something? Labels, dunno.
By the way, the GUI is indeed sucky, but because of button sizes and places. Use the grid and try to make things look neat. Check some other decent applications as example.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Why not use a status bar for this or something? Labels, dunno.
By the way, the GUI is indeed sucky, but because of button sizes and places. Use the grid and try to make things look neat. Check some other decent applications as example.
I am no way an artist. I will work on improving it, though.

Thanks for the feedback.
Good Job on this ^.^
But words count is that hard ? o.O "Basic Word Count (Took me ages to figure this out)"
Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto Machida View Post
Good Job on this ^.^
But words count is that hard ? o.O "Basic Word Count (Took me ages to figure this out)"
Try and tell this to me
Took me ages
Quote Originally Posted by Shrew View Post


Try and tell this to me
Took me ages
Its almost the same thing as count the spaces...
/attachment approved
Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
/attachment approved
Damn, was halfway through reading the sauce and you ******ed me!

Bugger
Looks nice??????
Good Job :'D
bitchpad :'DD
Code:
dim splitText() as string = textbox1.text.tostring.split(" ")
dim wordCount as integer = splitText.Length
Quote Originally Posted by NOOB View Post
Code:
dim splitText() as string = textbox1.text.tostring.split(" ")
dim wordCount as integer = splitText.Length
Herp derp, what if people use double spaces after full stops?
[highlight=vb.net]
System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(TextB ox1.Text, "\b\w*\b", System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions.Compil ed).Count
[/highlight]



Oh yeah, you don't need to call ToString on a TextBoxes text.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


Herp derp, what if people use double spaces after full stops?
[highlight=vb.net]
System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(TextB ox1.Text, "\b\w*\b", System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions.Compil ed).Count
[/highlight]



Oh yeah, you don't need to call ToString on a TextBoxes text.
I would put a cheatsheet for regex xP

Downloading - Added Bytes by Dave Child

btw Jason are u a webdev?

cheers
I dont understand any Jason's code o.O
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us