Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Humans are evolving in the way that I am talking about. Adapting is pretty much the same thing as evolving. The evolving that you are talking about, would dictate that as humans, we are evolving into a completely different species, or some kind of sub-breed of our own species. Ignoring atrocities such as Snooki, this is in no way true.

And as for the missing link, it would not just be A missing link. If evolution from any species has happened over the past million or more years, there would be way more than just a couple of strange looking skeletons dug up in remote areas of the planet.
    Can we drop all the fossil talk? Fossils are pretty much freaking luck that we find any at all, the next one could change the history of an entire era of hominid evolution. We gotta make do with what we have, and it's stupid saying, "Well if ______ then there would have been more/less fossils. Thus, __________." You can't draw any conclusion from what hasn't been found, only from what has been found.
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill HickCock View Post

Can we drop all the fossil talk? Fossils are pretty much freaking luck that we find any at all, the next one could change the history of an entire era of hominid evolution. We gotta make do with what we have, and it's stupid saying, "Well if ______ then there would have been more/less fossils. Thus, __________." You can't draw any conclusion from what hasn't been found, only from what has been found.
    thats pointless as is,
    like i(we've) said b4,
    these are just theories,
    but the theory of evolution (darwins version) is the closest to being proven, imo

Thanks

And what has been found, is pretty much nothing. And if you mean to tell me that it would take so long to dig up at least 50 different fossils, from millions of years of existence, then thats a pretty fucking good indicator that there might not be any.

Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post

agreed.
    wait, snooki?

i pointed that out, i agree that there isnt 1 missing link,

but how do u think sponges came to be?
    their just a bunch of cells working together, thats it...
    Maybe sponges were created. Maybe sponges are an accident. tbh, maybe sponges did come from single celled organisms. Thats pretty much all they are. Just a big collection of randomly placed cells. But that still doesnt prove where the rest of everything in existence came from. Let alone really complicated multi-cellular creatures like mammals, or reptiles, or pretty much anything that doesnt live at the very bottom of the ocean.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Maybe sponges were created. Maybe sponges are an accident. tbh, maybe sponges did come from single celled organisms. Thats pretty much all they are. Just a big collection of randomly placed cells. But that still doesnt prove where the rest of everything in existence came from. Let alone really complicated multi-cellular creatures like mammals, or reptiles, or pretty much anything that doesnt live at the very bottom of the ocean.
    they were,
    there in the ocean right now, lol.
    they did
    they are
    yeah it does?
    it prooves that cells can actually work together to result in a new organism, a sponge let to somthing else, that eventually led to a fish, which evolved to a lizard with fins, then a lizard with out fins, then a turtle, then slowly to mammles?

Thanks
    Give me a break, end of the world? May 21, 2011? My ass.
    Matthew 24:36
    "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Harold Camping fails.
    Last edited by Hero; 05-13-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post

they were,
    there in the ocean right now, lol.
    they did
    they are
    yeah it does?
    it prooves that cells can actually work together to result in a new organism, a sponge let to somthing else, that eventually led to a fish, which evolved to a lizard with fins, then a lizard with out fins, then a turtle, then slowly to mammles?
    And now we are back to the beginning of this debate where you insist that creatures are capable of just morphing into other ones. If your going to try and continue with that argument, pick a better example than a sponge, which is just as structurally advanced (and equally useful) as a rock.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroOfSniping View Post
    Give me a break, end of the world? May 21, 2011? My ass.
    Matthew 24:36
    "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
    That Harold Camping dude is seriously off the mark.
    get the bible bullshit up and outta here,
    readb4posting,
    we've moved on to evolution.

@Heartview,
    have u seen the inside of a sponge?
    Last edited by deadskulz; 05-13-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    And what has been found, is pretty much nothing. And if you mean to tell me that it would take so long to dig up at least 50 different fossils, from millions of years of existence, then thats a pretty fucking good indicator that there might not be any.

Like I said, let's stop talking about fossils since you can't draw any conclusions from something that's not there. You can't draw any conclusion from the absence of data, only from data that we have.

And to the second part; animals and plants evolved in a very distinct way. It's rather clear how it all went down on the large-scale, especially now with DNA sequencing.
    Timeline of evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well, If we do die, RIP MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    And now we are back to the beginning of this debate where you insist that creatures are capable of just morphing into other ones. If your going to try and continue with that argument, pick a better example than a sponge, which is just as structurally advanced (and equally useful) as a rock.
    A sponge is ridiculously complex. It's different organisms coalesced into one, working in perfect harmony to create a superstructure.
    Jeffrey Dahmer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Bill HickCock For This Useful Post:

deadskulz (05-13-2011)

Thanks

Like I said, let's stop talking about fossils since you can't draw any conclusions from something that's not there. You can't draw any conclusion from the absence of data, only from data that we have.

And to the second part; animals and plants evolved in a very distinct way. It's rather clear how it all went down on the large-scale, especially now with DNA sequencing.
    Timeline of evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If we dont draw conclusions from something that is not there, how did this theory of evolution arise? There is no evidence of it, only that some scientists think that animals are capable of turning into completely different ones with no reason at all.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    If we dont draw conclusions from something that is not there, how did this theory of evolution arise? There is no evidence of it, only that some scientists think that animals are capable of turning into completely different ones with no reason at all.
    are u talking about evidence of evolution, yeah there is...
    what happend to all of darwins work?
    sure thats survival of the fittest aswell, but thats still evolution..
    amirite?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    The evidence is called observation. You can observe it happening with species that have short lifespans. Natural selection is as obvious as gravity, and it naturally leads to evolution as well.
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    You people are still missing the point. Animals can adapt to suit their surroundings. Not morph into something completely different. Thats is the evolution darwin originally stated. The theory of an animal evolving from one animal, into another animal, into another with no probable cause, or any need to is what I am saying is absurd.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

A sponge is ridiculously complex. It's different organisms coalesced into one, working in perfect harmony to create a superstructure.
    That's a reef. A sponge is a simple multi-cellular organsim

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast