Visual Basic 2008 Tutorial. Lesson 1.

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Visual Basic 2008 Tutorial. Lesson 1.
Visual Basic 2008 Tutorial Lesson 1



To start your new project,you need to click file and select a new project.A windows will pop up and it will look something like this:


The windows asks you to choose from five types of projects.We will work on WindowsFormsApplication.At the bottom of the window,you can rename your project to anything your heart desires.I will change mine to:"Lesson 1"

After creating your new project,another window will come up.Here you got an empty form,a toolbox,properties and other useful/not useful stuff.


So we will now work on our first project.We will keep this easy.With this code,we will generate something.Like I want to pick a random number from 1-2.In this case I will use "Lesson 1" and "Tutorial".
First make a button and a textbox.Resize them how you like etc.Then click on button1 and add this code:
Code:
Dim Key As Interger
Key = (rnd()*2)
Select Case Key
Case 1
textbox1.text = " Lesson 1"
Case 2
textbox1.text = "Tutorial"
End Select
End Sub


Now Debug your first application and it will show something like this:


Thanks for reading.I will release my second one tomorrow or maybe later today.It took me half an hour to write this and take the screen shots,so don't hate and give me a Thanks.It only takes you 2 seconds.
wooooooooooooooooooooooow
Thats no teach. thats just showing a code
Quote Originally Posted by A$IAN View Post
Thats no teach. thats just showing a code
No no,this is how you make your first program.How to make a Form etc...
Quote Originally Posted by Takari1 View Post
No no,this is how you make your first program.How to make a Form etc...
You should explain the code
Quote Originally Posted by A$IAN View Post

You should explain the code
I'm not going to explain the codes in detail.
Just a quick and basic functions of VB.
Post this in the VB section?
Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Post this in the VB section?
I already did.This will help the Cross Fire Community,so don't move it
=\ fine .
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us