GetPixel asm style

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
GetPixel asm style
From past experience, i know that getpixel() is painfully slow, but will it be a lot faster if i used it in asm or will it still be really slow?
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
asm, lol wut? Just capture the screen and using the raw data read the pixels?

BitBlt Function (Windows)ⓘ

I've never done this before but that should help..
But you caann.... Handle pixels in Assembly level.
It'll probably be slower in ASM. Not because the calls are slower (or faster - they're the same speed), but because your code will most likely be less optimised.
Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
It'll probably be slower in ASM. Not because the calls are slower (or faster - they're the same speed), but because your code will most likely be less optimised.
The call itself and the language doesn't change the language the function was written in.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
The call itself and the language doesn't change the language the function was written in.
That's what I said?
Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post


That's what I said?
You said his level of skill in assembly won't match up to a C++ compiler's optimization. Or so I think that's what you said.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us