portable compiler?

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
portable compiler?
I have notepad++, which is perfect for programming... I just can't compile anything.

Anybody know of a compiler I can throw onto my thumb drive/keychain to compile files on the go?
Actually I've heard of one for C++ Just can't remember the name.
It was an attempt to make the smallest portable compiler or something, an really old project. Perhaps search Google
I've tried, heard devc++ CAN be portable, although it takes a lot of work...

Meh, I guess I'll stick with notepad++ to edit then compile when I get home.

To bad, cuz I've changed my map maker/ tile based console game into a full game with a player and monsters and stuff... I just can't compile and test D:

I've also fixed my right triangle solver, but can't compile... BLEH I WANT TO COMPILE DAMNIT! D:

Even if I did get a compiler, I probably would hate it... Seeing as I'm used to visual studio c++ 2010 ULTIMATE!
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
I've tried, heard devc++ CAN be portable, although it takes a lot of work...

Meh, I guess I'll stick with notepad++ to edit then compile when I get home.

To bad, cuz I've changed my map maker/ tile based console game into a full game with a player and monsters and stuff... I just can't compile and test D:

I've also fixed my right triangle solver, but can't compile... BLEH I WANT TO COMPILE DAMNIT! D:

Even if I did get a compiler, I probably would hate it... Seeing as I'm used to visual studio c++ 2010 ULTIMATE!
Let me attempt to find you the compiler i was talking about

- No results, unfortunately

An advice though.
Copy DEV C++ to a Flash drive, and use UPX compression to lower the size by many MB's.
I know DEV C++ uses some standard compiler, or whatever. I guess you can download that instead and compress it, and you get the rest.

You could also download the offline version of DEV C++, saves the trouble
Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSia View Post
Let me attempt to find you the compiler i was talking about

- No results, unfortunately

An advice though.
Copy DEV C++ to a Flash drive, and use UPX compression to lower the size by many MB's.
I know DEV C++ uses some standard compiler, or whatever. I guess you can download that instead and compress it, and you get the rest.

You could also download the offline version of DEV C++, saves the trouble
I don't care about file size... I have 1 2tb backup drive, 5 16 gb thumbdrives about 6 2gigs and something around 4/5 4 gbs. I carry around a linux operating system on one of my 2gb drives attached to my keychain... Never know when you'll come across a failed operating system, and my programs I make on an 8gb thumbdrive.

Don
Just install CodeBlocks to your thumb drive(The full version). And it is portable. It just doesnt save your application settings for the IDE.
MinGW is portable, and Dev-C++ has a portable compiler .
Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
MinGW is portable, and Dev-C++ has a portable compiler .
Alright, thanks I'll try those.
Thanks I'm too lazy to go look for it myself.. I probably would've tomorrow or next week sometime lol
cl.exe is portable, You can just C+P it from VC++ (any version) your biggest problem will be the linker.
with the dev c++ portable compiler, i just realized that the program you make on it will work for any window OS. It's crazy!! i guess it's because it doesn't rely on like 50 freekin dll's to be on your computer like msvc++.
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
with the dev c++ portable compiler, i just realized that the program you make on it will work for any window OS. It's crazy!! i guess it's because it doesn't rely on like 50 freekin dll's to be on your computer like msvc++.
lol, that's awesome. I'll probably download it later.

AFTER IM DONE RAGING AT MY ERRORS.


I can now add a C++ compiler to the school computer on my account there and instead of doing work i can be making other things...

Too bad today was the last day of school, lol.

GOT An A ON MY CHEM FINAL.
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
I can now add a C++ compiler to the school computer on my account there and instead of doing work i can be making other things...

Too bad today was the last day of school, lol.

GOT An A ON MY CHEM FINAL.



AWESOME! I have a month left of school.

That's not emote spam, that's celebration. Theres a difference.
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us