Direct3D tutorials

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Direct3D tutorials
As you may or may not know, my recent inactivity is because i'm making my own game.
It's going to be nothing fancy, just a first person shooter, it'll be like sourceforts but with minecraft style graphics.

Now while i'm working on it i figured I could use what I've learned so far to make tutorials to get this section some more activity, so I'd like to know who would be interested in seeing these kind of tutorials.

I'll go over the following things in multiple parts(I plan on doing 1 or 2 tuts a week):
* 2-dimensional coordinate system and rendering
* 3-dimensuonal coordinate systems, transformation pipelines & rendering.

I'm forgetting a lot of things at the moment, but it'll be very detailed

-Hell
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
As you may or may not know, my recent inactivity is because i'm making my own game.
It's going to be nothing fancy, just a first person shooter, it'll be like sourceforts but with minecraft style graphics.

Now while i'm working on it i figured I could use what I've learned so far to make tutorials to get this section some more activity, so I'd like to know who would be interested in seeing these kind of tutorials.

I'll go over the following things in multiple parts(I plan on doing 1 or 2 tuts a week):
* 2-dimensional coordinate system and rendering
* 3-dimensuonal coordinate systems, transformation pipelines & rendering.

I'm forgetting a lot of things at the moment, but it'll be very detailed

-Hell
@Hell_Demon I'd be interested. But shouldnt you have made a poll for this? Would've been a lot easier
It would be awesome..
And can you teach like how to DrawText with D3D Fonts and etc..?
Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto Machida View Post
It would be awesome..
And can you teach like how to DrawText with D3D Fonts and etc..?
I'll cover D3DX fonts probably
GREAT!

Very Very interested. I read a D3D book before but it only had 1 chapter on 3d shizzle. I will read the tutorial if you decide to make it.
Sounds good lol
i want too ... for future reference
I'll try to have the first part up this Wednesday
You'll also let us test your game? It'd be fun if you got it to work
As for the tutorials, I'd read them/do them, but I won't be spending too much time.
Quote Originally Posted by .::SCHiM::. View Post
You'll also let us test your game? It'd be fun if you got it to work
As for the tutorials, I'd read them/do them, but I won't be spending too much time.
It'll be done in a few months time I hope :P and of course MPGH will be the first to beta test it
F*ck yes! Go for it!
I started to read some online tuts about D3D, and learned something but stopped. IDK maybe your tuts will be more "attractive".
Fuck yeah Wezleh, I might even open shit++ if you do this, you never know
are you going to hack on it? your own game?
Quote Originally Posted by proman98 View Post
are you going to hack on it? your own game?
Why would I?
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us