First "program"
Hi, I'm trying to write a simple DOS program that asks basic questions and responds with another question, but my problem is, say my program asks "How are you today?" I respond with "Good" and then it basically shuts down. that's the best I can explain it I guess. so my question is, How can I get my program to accept words, or letters? do I have to use if/else lines? or can I use some kind of command so I can put "Good" and it continue?
Thanks in advance. guys. Here's the code, please don't laugh. it's my first I've written by myself.
Thanks in advance. guys. Here's the code, please don't laugh. it's my first I've written by myself.

Code:
#include "stdafx.h" // Uncomment this line if using Visual Studio
#include <iostream>
int main()
{
using namespace std;
cout << "Hello, nice to meet you. How are you today?";
int x;
cin >> x ;
cout << "That's good. How old are you?" << endl;
int y;
cin >> y;
cout << "Oh, What a young age " << y << " is" << endl;
cout << "where are you from?" << endl;
return 0;
}


