Exclamation"No[t] A Valid REZ File" Error?

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
"No[t] A Valid REZ File" Error?
I'm trying to cross game mod some textures from Sudden Attack to Combat Arms, And each time I try to extract a file is says, "No[t] a Valid REZ File" It is a Lithtec Engine, Which is why I have no clue why it's not working... It still works fine with Combat Arms, I tried googling, But the only thing I found was a thread posted a long time ago with no real answer. Just a bunch of trollish answers from people that have no clue what the fuck they are talking about.

Screenshot(s)



Anyone know why this is happening? Any help from people that actually HAVE a fuck what I'm talking about, Would be appreciated.
Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk772 View Post
I'm trying to cross game mod some textures from Sudden Attack to Combat Arms, And each time I try to extract a file is says, "No[t] a Valid REZ File" It is a Lithtec Engine, Which is why I have no clue why it's not working... It still works fine with Combat Arms, I tried googling, But the only thing I found was a thread posted a long time ago with no real answer. Just a bunch of trollish answers from people that have no clue what the fuck they are talking about.

Screenshot(s)



Anyone know why this is happening? Any help from people that actually HAVE a fuck what I'm talking about, Would be appreciated.
Well instead of using your rez extracting program you could always just take a little time and do it manually. all you need to do is do the normal process for patching a skin, but just copy all the .dtx files you need onto your computer.
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
Well instead of using your rez extracting program you could always just take a little time and do it manually. all you need to do is do the normal process for patching a skin, but just copy all the .dtx files you need onto your computer.
Rofl, I don't know how to do that... I saw you post something about it in a thread in this section though, I'll go try that.
i could always just upload the . dtx files for the guns
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
i could always just upload the . dtx files for the guns

I haven't decided which ones I want to use yet. And I wanna know because I might try this game and if I do, I'll definately want to mod it. I tried what you said but I don't have a folder that has 8 random Letters that came up in my search when I Searched & ran "%temp%".
Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk772 View Post

I haven't decided which ones I want to use yet. And I wanna know because I might try this game and if I do, I'll definately want to mod it. I tried what you said but I don't have a folder that has 8 random Letters that came up in my search when I Searched & ran "%temp%".
First try deleting everything in your temp cause most of it is just junk.
next make sure you put a gvi of a older date into the sudden attack folder.
while its updating there should be 8 random lettered folder ex : agtwfacd
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
First try deleting everything in your temp cause most of it is just junk.
next make sure you put a gvi of a older date into the sudden attack folder.
while its updating there should be 8 random lettered folder ex : agtwfacd
Okay, Is the GVI the same file you said to drag into the game folder causing the game to think it needs an update you mentioned earlier in the tutorial?
Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk772 View Post
Okay, Is the GVI the same file you said to drag into the game folder causing the game to think it needs an update you mentioned earlier in the tutorial?
yea. all my skins should have a gvi . dat attached to it
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
yea. all my skins should have a gvi . dat attached to it
So use that one or the one currently in the Sudden Attack folder? Youz is confusing me...
Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk772 View Post
So use that one or the one currently in the Sudden Attack folder? Youz is confusing me...
oh kay lol, sooooo you download a different gvi . dat file then you already have. place the non-original one into your sudden attack folder that should replace your original one. next when you start sudden attack it should force it to download file and update again.
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
oh kay lol, sooooo you download a different gvi . dat file then you already have. place the non-original one into your sudden attack folder that should replace your original one. next when you start sudden attack it should force it to download file and update again.
Ahhh... I didn't get that you were supposed to put the new one in the SA folder.
Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk772 View Post
Ahhh... I didn't get that you were supposed to put the new one in the SA folder.
HaHa now! Good Luck to you and your skinning.
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
HaHa now! Good Luck to you and your skinning.



@shawnchung

There's still no folder with 8 random letters there... Could Nprotect Game Guard Failing to Update have anything to do with this?
Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk772 View Post



@shawnchung

There's still no folder with 8 random letters there... Could Nprotect Game Guard Failing to Update have anything to do with this?
yes, cause in order to access that folder your game needs to update. when you downloaded the game and installed it did you let it patch everything first?
Quote Originally Posted by shawnchung View Post
yes, cause in order to access that folder your game needs to update. when you downloaded the game and installed it did you let it patch everything first?

It said my firewall wasn't allowing it access. Hold on, Disabling my Firewall and retrying at the moment... @shawnchung Still not working...
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us