Hey I downloaded an e-book on C++, it's C++ for dummies 7 in 1 edition 2. But in the book they tell me to use Codeblocks as a compiler, but I already have Visual studio. Should I stick with the book and use CodeBlocks?
It won't make a difference. Just enter the code in visual studio, Make a Win32 Console Application and follow the book, it's the same thing.
Originally Posted by 258456
It won't make a difference. Just enter the code in visual studio, Make a Win32 Console Application and follow the book, it's the same thing.
Make an empty project.
use microsoft visual c++ 2010 express
but code is the same no matter what (unless the compiler codeblock is using something made specifically made for that compiler only, but i doubt it). I am pretty sure the book follows all standards set by American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
I personnally use Code::Block, and I think its a pretty good compiler.
You can use Visual studio too, they both use the same ISO C++ rules...