Anime vs manga.

PollAnime vs Manga
17 votes
Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2
Anime vs manga.
Which is better? .

/discuss

Dont just support one thing without a reason, post a reason for you supporting it.
I think it depends. I used to really enjoy reading Shonen Jump all the time, and it felt great reading at the pace I wanted. Then again, sometimes it's much better relaxing and watching it instead.

Also, with manga, you can imagine all the characters voices and get a little more into it. With Anime though it's obviously animated and in color, letting you get a little deeper into the world of that particular show.
Manga, a lot of them can show their complete history, if have some brutal/sexual scene, they are uncensored almost of the cases, and don't suffer with the repetitive filler/dialog present on the Anime. And the Anime are usually short, can't explain the original history, ever have something missing, but they win almost of the cases because of the animation + color, and some people prefer the thing already done.

But imo, I will stay with my Manga.
Manga has better pace/makes more sense a lot of the time.
Anime by far, it brings the manga to life, that alone makes Anime better than manga (my opinion)
Each has its up's and down's, like some have a anime first and a based manga after, most have a manga then a anime or a game then manga/anime etc.

Neither can win or lose, it depends on the people that make them.
I'd prefer anime,but can read manga if needed
I prefer manga.. Because you use emotions and your imagination to perceive what's actually going on.. So you can take the situation into your own hands and react indifferently..
Anime ofcorse because you see a video with voice and some awesome cool efects and realy awesome fights.
Ehhh... I do both.

Anime is better in some cases and Manga is better in some cases.
I'll keep this brief.

Advantages of Anime
-Colour and sound
-Sometimes adapts light novels so there is no manga series

Disadvantages of Anime
-Many are 1 season long (12 episodes)
-The dubs are bad (In my opinion anyways)

Advantages of manga
-Many more series than Anime since not all of them adapt into Anime
-Some manga adapt into drama series (I don't watch them personally)
-Manga series that do adapt into anime are usually much longer

Disadvantages of manga
-Black and white (Some people like this, I don't)
-You have to flip the page yourself (I think I'm just lazy )

I like Anime more since it is more manageable time-wise. When I read manga I keep thinking "just one more page"
I would rather watch it then read it simply because i prefer to watch action scenes happen, I haven't liked to pretend things were happening since elementary school :P
Manga.

Manga is quicker.
Manga is told better.
Manga has better art.
Manga doesn't censor shit.
Manga is more violent.
Manga is more sexy.
Manga provides more angles.
Manga provides the original story, and no filler characters added.
Manga, for the most part, does not spam useless shit for chapters on end.
--------------------------

Anime

Fight scenes, color, and loli.

Thats about all anime is really good for. And even then some fighting anime, mostly shonen, talk for fuckloads longer than the non-fighting anime.

Moe/Loli anime are supposedly made for kids, but the majority of the paying audience are these perverted adults. I think this shit is just stupid as fuck sometimes.
--------------------------------------------------
My personal suggestion:

Read the manga, then watch the anime's fight scenes.

Because all too often are anime long and drawn out, skip important story parts, or even turn the ENTIRE story into filler.(SDK)
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Manga.

Manga is quicker.
Manga is told better.
Manga has better art.
Manga doesn't censor shit.
Manga is more violent.
Manga is more sexy.
Manga provides more angles.
Manga provides the original story, and no filler characters added.
Manga, for the most part, does not spam useless shit for chapters on end.
--------------------------

Anime

Fight scenes, color, and loli.

Thats about all anime is really good for. And even then some fighting anime, mostly shonen, talk for fuckloads longer than the non-fighting anime.

Moe/Loli anime are supposedly made for kids, but the majority of the paying audience are these perverted adults. I think this shit is just stupid as fuck sometimes.
--------------------------------------------------
My personal suggestion:

Read the manga, then watch the anime's fight scenes.

Because all too often are anime long and drawn out, skip important story parts, or even turn the ENTIRE story into filler.(SDK)
Um, I'm sorry but it feels like you are saying that anime only has lolis?
I'm saying no, 'cause there is actually normal anime. (ex. Gintama - is this shonen? I dunno)
I don't even watch shounen (where there is a lot of fighting), that much and there's still a load of anime I can watch w/o Loli. (As in like 16 yr old looking like a 5 yr old)

Even manga started to censor stuff with smoke.
I'm sure that manga adaptions into anime are the exact same. (I've read and watch elfin lied, it was the exact same thing)
Quote Originally Posted by Jerry755 View Post
Um, I'm sorry but it feels like you are saying that anime only has lolis?
I'm saying no, 'cause there is actually normal anime. (ex. Gintama - is this shonen? I dunno)
I don't even watch shounen (where there is a lot of fighting), that much and there's still a load of anime I can watch w/o Loli. (As in like 16 yr old looking like a 5 yr old)

Even manga started to censor stuff with smoke.
I'm sure that manga adaptions into anime are the exact same. (I've read and watch elfin lied, it was the exact same thing)
Elfen Lied are the same on anime/manga? Must be wrong...
Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?