Wireless card

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
PCI should give you better rates since its built to transfer data faster, you should also get an "n" router and card, much better range and speed compared to "g"
As Ravi said, make sure it's at least 802.11b/g/n, that's about it.

Cbf to search the mwave site, it's fucking annoying. ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor [PCE-N15] - $45.00 : PC Case Gear seems like something decent, but in all honesty I just searched for b/g/n and picked the cheapest card. If you have time to go through the stuff they offer manually, go for it.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
As Ravi said, make sure it's at least 802.11b/g/n, that's about it.

Cbf to search the mwave site, it's fucking annoying. ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor [PCE-N15] - $45.00 : PC Case Gearⓘ seems like something decent, but in all honesty I just searched for b/g/n and picked the cheapest card. If you have time to go through the stuff they offer manually, go for it.
What about D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N Wireless PCI Express Adapter [DWA-556] - $85.00 : PC Case Gearⓘ
I want better signals as well. /
Cause my computer might be moved to the living room...
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Doesn't have n ... derp. Just b/g as far as I can see.
It says "* Delivers up to 14x faster speeds and 6x farther range than 802.11g*"
But mkay I'll go with the ASUS one.
The Asus one should be enough. Even with Wireless G you should be able to reach your router with ease unless you live in some kind of mansion.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?