Google Voice

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
Google Voice
How does that shit work? I might be getting a Samsung Infuse (it's only $.01 with a contract, so why not) and I don't feel like paying for texting. I know Google Voice lets you have free texting, but what I don't understand is are all my calls going to be forwarded through GV or something? Just want some explaining because I am horribly confused about this Also if you know a better free texting app for Android please do tell. If there would be something like the equivalent of TextPlus for the iPod, in the Android Marketplace (I know TextPlus is actually an Android app too, I just don't like how it works very much ), I would love to know. Thanks
Someone calls your number basically, and then that number (GOOGLE) calls you. Basically a forwarding service.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
Someone calls your number basically, and then that number (GOOGLE) calls you. Basically a forwarding service.
Wow, I wish all the websites, videos, and stuff explained it that simply Thanks man.
Quote Originally Posted by Chester Bennington View Post
Another question, if I may? Is it free?
Yea it is completely free. The only thing that costs money is international calling. It might be US only though. Not quite sure Just go to google.com/voice. It has all the information there.
Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post
kinda old :|
Nope, Chuck Testa
Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post

Nope, Chuck Testa
actualy google voice as been around 2-4 years last time i checked :|
It just dident hit mainstream...
Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post
kinda old :|
I know it's old, I'm just wanting to know how it works for these phones
I use Google Voice for most of my bullshit too.

There's an app you can download from the marketplace. You can call/text through it, your calls will be forwarded, you can set up your own number for texting in there too. It's quite convenient.
Quote Originally Posted by Moto View Post
I use Google Voice for most of my bullshit too.

There's an app you can download from the marketplace. You can call/text through it, your calls will be forwarded, you can set up your own number for texting in there too. It's quite convenient.
Someone told me you still have to pay for every text you send on your phone bill. Is that true? What I mean is that they said that it isn't actually free texting, since you end up paying for it anyways. Or does the texting actually just come out of your data?
Yup at Google Voice u can make your own number,,,
Quote Originally Posted by SeemsGood. View Post
Yup at Google Voice u can make your own number,,,
It's extremely useful, you can give bitches your "number".
It's a free calling service, You can use it in ******s too xD.
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?