SolvedA question about GFX cards.

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
A question about GFX cards.
Hey guys.

I'm in the process of building a new PC and I have a question for all of you as I don't know a great deal about graphics cards.

I can get the Nvidia GTX 560Ti @ 830MHz for £170.

If I pay £20 more I can get 2x Nvidia GTX 550 Ti's @ 910MHz.

This may be a dumb question but what would you guys do? What is the better choice?

Thanks.
I would pay $20 more. Just a bit more for a better card
It'd help to mention someone like Alen or Ravallo if your going to post in the wrong section.
Quote Originally Posted by Drtro View Post
It'd help to mention someone like Alen or Ravallo if your going to post in the wrong section.
All the other sections are dead so I posted here.


Alen and is offline or else I would have just asked him on MSN.


Ravallo is also offline so think before you post.
Quote Originally Posted by Chester Bennington View Post


All the other sections are dead so I posted here.


Alen and is offline or else I would have just asked him on MSN.


Ravallo is also offline so think before you post.
Hardware section is not dead at all.
Buy a 560 and then wait until you need a graphics bump and get another 560 if needed.
GTX 550 Ti would be a useless choice for SLi.
I'd go with the highest single card I could afford.
560 Ti is good. 2 x 550s would be next to useless.
2x Nvidia GTX 550 Ti's @ 910MHz.
Its just plain old common sense really.
Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro Hitsugaya View Post
2x Nvidia GTX 550 Ti's @ 910MHz.
Its just plain old common sense really.
Actually no it isn't. It's plain stupid to have 2 low end cards in SLI, same with Crossfire for that matter. If it were 2x560s then it would be a different matter.
Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


Actually no it isn't. It's plain stupid to have 2 low end cards in SLI, same with Crossfire for that matter. If it were 2x560s then it would be a different matter.
Oh I was thinking of buying them, then selling them overpriced to my friends.
I talked to him this morning and recommended the same thing as the Aussies. Arguments were pretty much the same too + the fact that depending on which board he gets he might even get reduced performance in sli anyways (2x x8, although dunno if that would even affect something as low as the 550 Ti).
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?