Connecting To 000WebHost Database

Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
Connecting To 000WebHost Database
Ok, so i have made a webhost account and made a domain and then made a database with a table, but I can't access it with c++. I am trying to do it with odbc but it isn't functioning correctly. Can somebody with experience help me? It's a mysql database.
Edit:
Ow w8, I think I know what you want to make. Make a PHP file that handels the requests you want. Then you can use winsock to get the output data (You can use GET/POST to send data to your website). Make sure your protect every thing, becouse you don't want that users can use this!

Your php file can get the data by using $_GET["name"]; or $_POST["name"]; If you need help, ask me on MSN. I use PHP a lot .

Or do you want that your website runs on C++? Becouse this is a lot of work and you need executable support.
Quote Originally Posted by Brimir View Post
Edit:
Ow w8, I think I know what you want to make. Make a PHP file that handels the requests you want. Then you can use winsock to get the output data (You can use GET/POST to send data to your website). Make sure your protect every thing, becouse you don't want that users can use this!

Your php file can get the data by using $_GET["name"]; or $_POST["name"]; If you need help, ask me on MSN. I use PHP a lot .

Or do you want that your website runs on C++? Becouse this is a lot of work and you need executable support.
Ok, i will talk to you on msn. I don't have an issue with winsock, and i just started learning php the other day, so i will talk to you on msn. Thanks brimir, and thanks Schim for being here, lol.
C++ section, anyone?

@op You can easily access any console based applications with C++. So unless you meant that you can't upload any programs to your web host you make a class to interact with the database.
I think he want to cheak for users allowed @ his hack and that kind of stuff, so the program is not running on the host. ( I guess :P )
So more a client -> server setup.
PHP is very esay you only need to learn the syntacs, POST/GET, cookies, sessions and securety (SQL injections/XSS).
Quote Originally Posted by Brimir View Post
PHP is very esay you only need to learn the syntacs, POST/GET, cookies, sessions and securety (SQL injections/XSS).
To maintain a basic forum, I need to learn HTML and PHP.

Does it matter which I learn first? And what about CSS or whatever it's called? VM me?
Quote Originally Posted by Drtro View Post


To maintain a basic forum, I need to learn HTML and PHP.

Does it matter which I learn first? And what about CSS or whatever it's called? VM me?
HTML is for structuring your webpage with different elements. CSS gives styles to your webpage. You need to learn it if you want a sleek and stylish website.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


HTML is for structuring your webpage with different elements. CSS gives styles to your webpage. You need to learn it if you want a sleek and stylish website.
I want a forum that's like for pop culture and technology. Music, art, movies, video games, computers, ect.

I'm thinking of buying vBulletin but I have no coding history other than a C++ class I flunked.
Quote Originally Posted by Drtro View Post


I want a forum that's like for pop culture and technology. Music, art, movies, video games, computers, ect.

I'm thinking of buying vBulletin but I have no coding history other than a C++ class I flunked.
VBulletin doesn't require any coding skills. Just some common sense. If you're thinking of creating your own, then PHP for coding. HTML and CSS for the design. You can use a free template for the design. There are many many great templates. Just google them.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


VBulletin doesn't require any coding skills. Just some common sense. If you're thinking of creating your own, then PHP for coding. HTML and CSS for the design. You can use a free template for the design. There are many many great templates. Just google them.
Should I take HTML & PHP classes? Their only $100 at my local tech school for a 6 week course. Would CSS be a necessity or is it optional?
Quote Originally Posted by Drtro View Post


Should I take HTML & PHP classes? Their only $100 at my local tech school for a 6 week course. Would CSS be a necessity or is it optional?
Well, I can suggest you an excellent book if you're good at reading books. Otherwise, yes, go for it. And as I said before, CSS is optional and is only required when you want to stylize your webpage. If you want to stylize, yes learn it.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
Well, I can suggest you an excellent book if you're good at reading books. Otherwise, yes, go for it. And as I said before, CSS is optional and is only required when you want to stylize your webpage. If you want to stylize, yes learn it.


So HTML, PHP, and CSS classes.

vBullinten
Adobe Photoshop

GoDaddy .com Domain
GoDaddy Ultimate 4GH Hosting

Few months later = website



---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

You can suggest books but no e-books. I don't mind spending money.
Quote Originally Posted by Drtro View Post




So HTML, PHP, and CSS classes.

vBullinten
Adobe Photoshop

GoDaddy .com Domain
GoDaddy Ultimate 4GH Hosting

Few months later = website



---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

You can suggest books but no e-books. I don't mind spending money.
PHP 6 and MySQL 5 for dynamic websites.
And for CSS, go for, CSS: The Missing Manual.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


PHP 6 and MySQL 5 for dynamic websites.
And for CSS, go for, CSS: The Missing Manual.
Which forum software has the most admin features? Like how MPGH has avatar size limits per posts, user groups, ect.


---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

And sorry for hijacking this thread.

Just didn't want to make another "help a noob" thread.
Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us