Thread: Computer Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Computer Build

So I'm making a new computer, just need to get money. About $365 more.
    Anyways, I'm very sure this will handle games like BF3 and Skyrim, I'm just asking the public just in case.

I'm getting an expensive motherboard so I can overclock, and unlock the cpu cores on the Phenom II x4 960t.
    I will not go with Intel because this is meant to be a budget gaming computer.

Should I change anything?
    Also, I am buying things on ebay (video card, hard drive, and power supply) because they are cheaper. Getting the evga card for $100 vs $145

WishList

So give me your opinion and tell me if I should change some parts.

Lastly, I'm buying the cables ties and anti-static wrist band so I don't damage any parts and so my case stays neat

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    hmm motherboard doesnt effect the performance directly and you wont be able to optimize it since ur aiming for "budget"
    i wouldnt go for an "expensive" motherboard

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well I want to use SLI later and this is a good motherboard with all the features I desire.
    UEFI Bios
    SLI
    UCC
    USB 3.0
    Sata III

Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    agreed go for a cheap mother board they are all solid states now so it doesnt really matter!

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by 888 View Post
    agreed go for a cheap mother board they are all solid states now so it doesnt really matter!
    That made absolutely no sense

Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    actually it did make sence, if you cant understand then thats your problem kid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    only benefits of an expensive mobo would be to attempt to future proof your computer

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by 888 View Post
    actually it did make sence, if you cant understand then thats your problem kid.
    "go for a cheap motherboard, they ARE ALL SOLID STATES NOW"
    SSD's are meant for fast storage
    The motherboard is meant for handling all of the computer components like CPU, and memory

Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    @888 what the fuck are you talking about? Solid State Drive? That's not a motherboard. If you're talking about the method by which capacitors are placed on a motherboard, then you're wrong, surface mounting is better.

A motherboard in itself is not able to be "solid state".

Also, use newegg and tigerdirect, fuck ebay, the discounts on those sites are to die for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Better platform, better cpu, better gpu, could have gone for a better case too, if you wanted to spend 20 bucks more.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (02-08-2012)

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I like the case style and NZXT is a good company.
    The only thing you didn't take into account is the OS and I want a legit copy.
    Plus, I'm not spending over $200 - $300 for good processors, I'd rather just overclock and unlock cores.
    As for the graphics card, I'm not comfortable going with AMD graphics cards as they seem to have faults like with the "Rage" problem.
    Plus, the GTX 550 ti is cheap, and can handle all my games im planning on buying, and I want to get another for SLI later on so performace won't be an issue.

Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    hmm id go for a differnt i5 cpu but i7 is not worth the money. Although ivybridge does release sometime in april something to consider but i dont suggest waiting for it though. Gpu is fine. Id also consider purchasing an additional ssd to quickly load your OS (thats just me)

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob97 View Post
    Plus, I'm not spending over $200 - $300 for good processors, I'd rather just overclock and unlock cores.
    As for the graphics card, I'm not comfortable going with AMD graphics cards as they seem to have faults like with the "Rage" problem.
    Plus, the GTX 550 ti is cheap, and can handle all my games im planning on buying, and I want to get another for SLI later on so performace won't be an issue.
    @the legit OS part, i personally run linux, you can find many versions of win 7 online which are practically the same as a legit version if you run removewat or similar program

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by ClueDell View Post
    hmm id go for a differnt i5 cpu but i7 is not worth the money. Although ivybridge does release sometime in april something to consider but i dont suggest waiting for it though. Gpu is fine. Id also consider purchasing an additional ssd to quickly load your OS (thats just me)
    I'm thinking of doing that if I keep getting streams of money from what I'm doing for money. I'm going to spend at least $75 bucks for the cheapest model (OCZ with Sata III)

Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    You're trying to get more bang for your buck right? In that case go with the 6850, trust me on this one, it's performance is fantastic and the Sapphire is cheaper. I used to have one before I upgraded my PC recently and it never gave me a problem. The "Rage" problem is only there because Rage was optimized for NVidia graphics cards, but the card had no problem holding me with Skyrim on full. Never had a problem with it at all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    If you're in high school or higher there's a very high probability your school / uni has a msdnaa subscription, you might be able to get a free OS. Otherwise there is no difference between a pirated and legit copy of Win 7. You can always switch the 6950 for a 560 Ti, the 550 Ti is seriously too weak for most games at decent quality.

I'm thinking of doing that if I keep getting streams of money from what I'm doing for money. I'm going to spend at least $75 bucks for the cheapest model (OCZ with Sata III)
    OCZ has a horrible track record, go for the Pyro SE from Patriot, the Crucial m4 or the new Intel w/ sandforce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast