Thread: Computer Build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Alen once again stole my words. The problem with AM3 cpu's is that even after OC they're barely just on par with Intel counterparts. Buttt I can see you're on a tight budget, and you're after a genuine OS. Although I'd definitely switch the RAM to Patriot. Never really heard of Pareema, sounds like generic ram to me.

@888 either explain what you're saying or just don't post.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Doc
    I did hear if you unlock the 960t you can get 6 cores, I was enticed by the FX-4100 before, but because of its terrible track record, I'd rather stick with the AM3 cpu's. As for using Intel, I going for bang for buck, and I'm glad you recognize that. I'm trying to do $800 or lower.

@Alen
    I've read some reviews of the 550 ti, and people said they are running skyrim and bf3 at high-ultra settings at a good fps. I might switch to AMD Radeon, but NVIDIA has a much better driver support for their cards and EVGA has outstanding support according to reviews

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob97 View Post
    @Doc
    I did hear if you unlock the 960t you can get 6 cores, I was enticed by the FX-4100 before, but because of its terrible track record, I'd rather stick with the AM3 cpu's. As for using Intel, I going for bang for buck, and I'm glad you recognize that. I'm trying to do $800 or lower.

@Alen
    I've read some reviews of the 550 ti, and people said they are running skyrim and bf3 at high-ultra settings at a good fps. I might switch to AMD Radeon, but NVIDIA has a much better driver support for their cards and EVGA has outstanding support according to reviews
    At least go with this card.

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1561-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I'm sure if people are managing high-ultra settings, than either they have a good quad core+ CPU (Skyrim and BF3 are CPU heavy games compared to others) or they are gaming on a sub 1080 resolution. Or they might have a skewed idea of what good fps is (some people think average fps is a good measure, but I prefer taking using the lowest fps as a measure as you can see how a card performs during a worst case scenario [no good running around on battlefield at an average 40fps if it drops to 15fps as soon as something exciting happens])
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob97 View Post
    @Doc

@Alen
    Want cheap? Go Intel. Best Gaming CPU: Mid-range : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: January 2012

i3 2120 wins in your price range. As for the graphics card, check the benchmarks if you don't believe me. 560 Ti barely tops 50 fps, if you're looking for anywhere near "real" gaming you'll want 60+ (note that this is high, no where near ultra)

Threadstarter
    We are the MINIONFORCE
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    They mention the amd Phenom II 955
    The 960t is an improved version of it, plus newegg doesnt sell the 955 anymore.

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    i have raedon 6950 1gb it works fine.... most games cap fps to 60 anyways but im a casual gamer so whatever

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ClueDell View Post
    i have raedon 6950 1gb it works fine.... most games cap fps to 60 anyways but im a casual gamer so whatever
    Ehhhhh dunno where you read that, but most games that take the PC seriously don't cap the fps.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by ClueDell View Post
    turn v-sync off.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12