HelpHelp Starting Video Game Programming

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Help Starting Video Game Programming
I would appreciate some help.
I've read into the tutorials on this site a bit.
cplusplus.com - The C++ Resources Networkⓘ
I guess you could say I know the basics of programming.
I want to jump into programming hacks for video games, but after looking
at some of the code these hacks use I'm overwhelmed by the complex structure of them.
I need some guidance, I want to know what path some of you guys took in
becoming so well to have the ability to write these programs.
Im pretty sure that question is somewhere on stickies.. Anyway..

Id tell you to start looking at basic Memory Writing functions from WinAPI. And try to change solitaire score for example (easy).

ReadProcessMemory function
WriteProcessMemory function

First of all, get used to the WinAPI and learn to search around MSDN for functions and understand those.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Im pretty sure that question is somewhere on stickies.. Anyway..

Id tell you to start looking at basic Memory Writing functions from WinAPI. And try to change solitaire score for example (easy).

ReadProcessMemory function
WriteProcessMemory function

First of all, get used to the WinAPI and learn to search around MSDN for functions and understand those.
He wants to make a video game, not hack one.
Quote Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post
He wants to make a video game, not hack one.
"I want to jump into programming hacks for video games".

@FNV What you'll want to do is get familiar with process handles, readprocessmemory and writeprocessmemory. Start off with some basic trainers that modify certain values.
Then once you got the hang of that I suggest doing crackmes/keygenme's from crackmes.de, it's a great site to start reversing. There's plenty of tuts around the internet for most of the easy ones. Make sure you fully understand everything they do, then after a while you can start applying this to games(find strings > locate relevant code and rewrite the instructions)
Quote Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post
He wants to make a video game, not hack one.
and you cant read
[/COLOR]
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
and you cant read
Oh yeah. I indeed can't read
Weird someone changed my title? Well anyways thanks for responding at least now I have some guidance.
It seems I should look into learning how to edit memory values foremost.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us