Thanks

Yamato from Naruto

Hey guys, I was reading chapter 514 of the naruto manga, does yamato die during this chapter?

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    No, Kabuto just poisons him and takes him so he can use Harishama's cells (that are in him[Yamato]) to power up the white Zetsu army even more. (You'll see if you keep reading\watching that after he does that they're more enhanced and powerful.)
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-23-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yamato is unimportant so its really not left for anything.. You don't here anything from him except he is being used to make clones.

Wouldn't be surprised in the end if he died or just "we saved you" after the entire fight is over.
    -----------------------------

Yamato's ENTIRE existence is for kabuto to use his cells.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Yamato's ENTIRE existence is for kabuto to use his cells.
    Not, really. He was a replacement for Kakashi after he was hurt from using his Mangekyo during the Rescue that Kazekage arc and was also there to try and control Naruto when he went into his fox form. (At multiple points through out the series.) Plus his faces are also a bit of comic relief.

But what I really don't get is, you hate Naruto, so why would you go into a Naruto based thread? And on top of that your post was negative and false....I really don't see the point. It's like you're just TRYING to antagonize people.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-23-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks
    So will Yamato die? Do you think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Ah I don't read the manga only watch the anime. I'm up to 263 and waiting for the next one to come out.
    Nipples

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Not, really. He was a replacement for Kakashi after he was hurt from using his Mangekyo during the Rescue that Kazekage arc and was also there to try and control Naruto when he went into his fox form. (At multiple points through out the series.) Plus his faces are also a bit of comic relief.

But what I really don't get is, you hate Naruto, so why would you go into a Naruto based thread? And on top of that your post was negative and false....I really don't see the point. It's like you're just TRYING to antagonize people.
    Again. The guy has no personality and no importance for the show. Hell even in the damn games he's on the same level as choji.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Again. The guy has no personality and no importance for the show. Hell even in the damn games he's on the same level as choji.
    Well, games are a hard thing to judge because it depends on the person's play style, which game, how good you are in general, and etc. I got NSUNSG (Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations) around the time it came out and have been playing it a LOT since and I can do really good as Yamato. Then again I can do really good and even better with others characters.

As for him in the show, I disagree but if you really think that good for you. :S

@OldLegend No one can be 100% sure on that. I don't think he will and sure hope he doesn't but we can't be sure at this point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, games are a hard thing to judge because it depends on the person's play style, which game, how good you are in general, and etc. I got NSUNSG (Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations) around the time it came out and have been playing it a LOT since and I can do really good as Yamato. Then again I can do really good and even better with others characters.

As for him in the show, I disagree but if you really think that good for you. :S

@OldLegend No one can be 100% sure on that. I don't think he will and sure hope he doesn't but we can't be sure at this point.

Think you missed the point: He has no input in the game outside of being another playable character.(and yeah generations is shit compared to ns2).
    ----------------------------------------------------

Yamato in the story is a plot device. He's like sai, only good for ______________ and just another 2D character that fades away after his part is played.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Think you missed the point: He has no input in the game outside of being another playable character.(and yeah generations is shit compared to ns2).
    ----------------------------------------------------

Yamato in the story is a plot device. He's like sai, only good for ______________ and just another 2D character that fades away after his part is played.
    Generations is shit compared to NS2 How? The story was more canon to the actual show and added a lot of things Kishimoto wanted to show in the show but didn't get to. The game play is almost the same. And there's way more characters. (Plus the graphics are slightly better, but that doesn't matter.) NS2 was fucking awesome, but Generations is it's evolution, it's bound to be better.

As for the actual story line thing, I don't think he's just a plot device but, if you think so that's fine. And Sai is even LESS of a plot device, Sai plays a pretty big role in the story line (especially around the 5 Kage Arc). They're side characters, no doubt. But I think they have more of a purpose that just being "simple plot devices". But then again, a lot of this can be best judged when the series is over so, only time will tell.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-26-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    As a fighting game, NS2 is better. Generations has a lot of "off hits" where the targeting system just outright fails. There are a lot of damage changes for the worse, making some of the high damage characters and high damage attacks a lot less than they should be and certain characters deservering nerfs(ino and deidara) still get free roam.

Story had no events and thats what made ns2 one of the better naruto games. Also, increased damage is total bullshit for a fighting game, especially one as non-skill based as naruto.(i.e. defense isn't really an option).

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You can guard\grab\ substitute\and just avoid damage.

I liked the +Damage thing a lot because it made it really challenging. (I had already played the game a bit at my friend's house so even on the highest difficulty it would have been a lot more boring without the +Damage)

I agree characters like Ino+Diedera+Shino and etc. should get some nerfs to their shit but, the damage thing isn't that big of an issue. I barley played NS2 (a.k.a only once at a friends house for a very short period of time) so I can't know for sure but from what I've seen and read (a.k.a reviews and etc.) Generations seems to be better.

I liked Generations a lot, it was really cool. (I still like and play it a lot.)

Oh, it also seems like a game that focuses more on Multiplayer than Story, but that's just what it seems like to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well ns2 had a story, with events. Generations takes the generic fighting route with providing text and saying "now your enemy does % more dmg"

I wouldn't mind % more damage if it wasn't just stupid ai. I beat the game but had no reason to play the story again because its just vs. mode with a handicap on my part. The ai was uninteresting and when one gets stuckon "run away" its just a waste of time for me.

Anyway, this is naruto games in a nutshell. They come out with a good concept and then re-hash it a billion times because the story progresses a little in the anime.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah, I guess that's true. The story doesn't really have re-play value, but the MP is pretty fucking awesome IMO.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLegend View Post
    So will Yamato die? Do you think?
    Hard to say about 60/40 chance he dies, but then again he could just be revived by some crazy shit. It'd actually be funny if kabuto revives with that jutsu of his, and makes him fight naruto, but I'm probably hoping too much from them at that point.