SolvedPaypal buyer dispute scam -unauthortized transcation-. Can I win?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Paypal buyer dispute scam -unauthortized transcation-. Can I win?
Hi,

So, extremely outraged now to think that this would happen to me, being a newbie seller and everything.
I recently sold some gold for Diablo 3 through PayPal, the buyer has consistently bought large sums ($100+ worth) on consecutive days, always asking if I had more (now I know why he was so eager). Now, all my funds from him on PayPal is held, and I received an e-mail saying this:

"You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by
the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are
investigating:

--- Transaction details after that"

So I go to my PayPal account and look at all those disputes he's trying to scam; I upload the Notes saying that it was digital goods for a computer game, and provided the Skype chat logs (he was using a different name than the one on the transactions obviously) for Files.

From what I gather, sellers rarely win these kind of scams and I just lost over $400.
Any insights on how I might win this? (I should ask for PayPal balance transactions instead of credit card next time, I know)

Thanks.
Sorry to say, but it's nearly impossible to win such a dispute.
If you have a credit card linked to your PayPal account, you should contact them and explain what happened - PayPal doesn't usually take the seller's side with digital goods etc.
Wow. So essentially anyone can just buy digital stuff through PayPal and get stuff for free? That's pretty awesome.
Why don't we all just start scamming naive sellers and get a whole bunch of stuff for free? That sounds like a plan.
Quote Originally Posted by zeiontic View Post
Wow. So essentially anyone can just buy digital stuff through PayPal and get stuff for free? That's pretty awesome.
Why don't we all just start scamming naive sellers and get a whole bunch of stuff for free? That sounds like a plan.
Right ......
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?