Thanks

Comp Build (Thoughts/Comments)

Hey guys, I've (with a fair degree of certainty) picked out the pieces for my next (college now!) comp build. Just looking for thoughts and comments.

i7 2700k:
    TigerDirec*****m 404 Error - Page Not Found

ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe:

Thermaltake VN10006W2N Level 10 GT Snow Edition:

Corsair Vengeance 16gb PC12800 1600MHz:

Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD:

Ultra X4 750-Watt Modular Power Supply V2:

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black:

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB:

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler:

The only thing i'm considering is, if it's even necessary (Running Dual-Monitor setup, gaming on 1 @ 1920 x 1080), I may just buy (after another paycheck haha) a second GTX 670. I plan on SLI'ing a 2nd one eventually anyways, so might as well now if it's necessary. On simple games (Such as League of Legends, to which i'm addicted) my current 460 SE doesn't even hiccup to easily push 60 FPS. However, in graphic intense games (Metro 2033, Crysis (though i'll never play it), etc.) I'm not sure a single card, even a 670, could push 60 FPS @high/Ultra. So it may be worth it. Comments/opinions/thoughts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I would try and get the latest gen Intel CPU as well as switching the SSD for something with better all-round performance. A great, cheap alternative would probably be the Crucial m4. Although much more a question of preference, I would switch the P8Z77V deluxe with Gigabyte's GA-Z77X-UD5H. It's got great performance and comes at a reduced price because it doesn't feature what I will simply refer to as "useless gimmicks and pointless features".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    By the looks of it, It looks pretty good.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I would try and get the latest gen Intel CPU as well as switching the SSD for something with better all-round performance. A great, cheap alternative would probably be the Crucial m4. Although much more a question of preference, I would switch the P8Z77V deluxe with Gigabyte's GA-Z77X-UD5H. It's got great performance and comes at a reduced price because it doesn't feature what I will simply refer to as "useless gimmicks and pointless features".
    I'd wait for a samsung 830 to drop first or something, which should be happening all summer.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post

I'm staying away from Ivy Bridge for the sole reason as they don't handle overclocking as well as Sandy Bridge. I can easily push the 2700K to 5.0 with the DH-14. Ivy Bridge doesn't handle overclocking heat well. If it did, it'd be a different story. As for switching it out, I'll probably drop down to the P8Z77-V PRO instead of DELUXE. It removes those "Useless features" and will save me $70 if i'm not mistaken. I'm also a big ASUS fan for mobos, so i'd be willing to spend a tad extra to get it over the Gigabyte one. I have nothing against Gigabyte, in fact i've heard great things, but i've always used ASUS mobos.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    I'm staying away from Ivy Bridge for the sole reason as they don't handle overclocking as well as Sandy Bridge. I can easily push the 2700K to 5.0 with the DH-14. Ivy Bridge doesn't handle overclocking heat well. If it did, it'd be a different story. As for switching it out, I'll probably drop down to the P8Z77-V PRO instead of DELUXE. It removes those "Useless features" and will save me $70 if i'm not mistaken. I'm also a big ASUS fan for mobos, so i'd be willing to spend a tad extra to get it over the Gigabyte one. I have nothing against Gigabyte, in fact i've heard great things, but i've always used ASUS mobos.
    If you intend to OC I really urge you to reconsider getting the Pro board, both the Deluxe and even more so the Gigabyte board would be a better choice. Last I checked, GA has some of the best voltage control on their boards, with even their 6 phase UD3H beating the performance of Asus' V Pro. I've also seen people hit 4.7 / 4.8 GHz with the auto-ocing utilities on the Gigabyte boards with the 3770K

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    Well it actually overclocks rather well. As long as you have a good cooler and replace the TIM then it should overclock pretty good (still warmer than Sandy Bridge but warmth doesn't kill CPU's as much as everyone likes to believe). Also keep in mind that clock for clock IB is around 10% faster than SB. So you don't even have to match a SB in clock speeds to get the same performance.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST