Well there's this sick as quad moab on PC but thats not the point :L
I'm here to ask if anyone has or knows where to get the mod he's using to make the kill feeds on the bottom left last longer?
Thanks.
-Video removed, due outside links going to links with downloads-
Thats in the basic config file for MW3, will post code shortly.
---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------
Okay, if you open (...\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\players2\config_mp.cfg) with a text editor (like notepad) then find the code that looks like this:
The main things you want to change are "line count" and "msg time" as everything else is just cosmetic... Whatever you do change though remember what the original was so that you can change it back later if you want.
Hope this helped
Remember to set the file to Read-Only.. so the game doesn't overwrite it
Originally Posted by MarkHC
Remember to set the file to Read-Only.. so the game doesn't overwrite it
Thank you very much. Forgot about this!
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Thats in the basic config file for MW3, will post code shortly.
---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------
Okay, if you open (...\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\players2\config_mp.cfg) with a text editor (like notepad) then find the code that looks like this:
The main things you want to change are "line count" and "msg time" as everything else is just cosmetic... Whatever you do change though remember what the original was so that you can change it back later if you want.
Hope this helped
Thanks! I'm guessing the higher the number the longer the feed will go and the msg speed or something like that ? :L
Originally Posted by supanoob
Thanks! I'm guessing the higher the number the longer the feed will go and the msg speed or something like that ? :L
Higher line count number means there are more lines in the notification area, so more deaths are shown before they start getting overwritten. Higher message time shows how long they will sit there before they fade out.
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Higher line count number means there are more lines in the notification area, so more deaths are shown before they start getting overwritten. Higher message time shows how long they will sit there before they fade out.
I see. Thanks! It goes by seconds,yeah?
Originally Posted by supanoob
I see. Thanks! It goes by seconds,yeah?
Yep! Msg Time is in seconds and line count, naturally, is in lines
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Yep! Msg Time is in seconds and line count, naturally, is in lines
IDK why I can't get it to work.. I increased the line count and the time.. but what changed in game seems to be just the time.. Since the messages take a long time to fade out now.. but the line count seems to remain the same.. this is weird.
Originally Posted by MarkHC
IDK why I can't get it to work.. I increased the line count and the time.. but what changed in game seems to be just the time.. Since the messages take a long time to fade out now.. but the line count seems to remain the same.. this is weird.
Odd, mine seems to work fine :/
/Solved
@MarkHC
What about creating a tool to 'twist' the config file?
If I'm thinking right here, you can also set the FoV with the config file.
Just a tip, boring coding. But might be useful for some.