Processor help

Posts 1–15 of 32 · Page 1 of 3
Processor help
So at first I would go with a AMD athlon 64 x4 2.8 ghz quad core but than a few said that amd sucks and I should get intel

So my question is what is the best processor for under 80€?
Pentiums are pretty much all you can get with that kinda budget if you're looking at Intel
Just get core i5 2500k and OC it, you'll have processor for few years. And there's no difference what brand you get, you only pay more or less. I used AMD sempron 5 years, now got laptop with i5. And can tell you you don't get more for paying more than AMD, it still lags at times. So is AMD. But you really should think about getting way newer processor, athlons are like what 2007~2008's? Also whats your motherboard?
Quote Originally Posted by alancik View Post
Just get core i5 2500k and OC it, you'll have processor for few years. And there's no difference what brand you get, you only pay more or less. I used AMD sempron 5 years, now got laptop with i5. And can tell you you don't get more for paying more than AMD, it still lags at times. So is AMD. But you really should think about getting way newer processor, athlons are like what 2007~2008's? Also whats your motherboard?
I'm buying a new motherboard to have some issiues getting the right products

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Pentiums are pretty much all you can get with that kinda budget if you're looking at Intel
And those are pretty good for gaming?
Quote Originally Posted by S|W|P View Post
I'm buying a new motherboard to have some issiues getting the right products

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------


And those are pretty good for gaming?
Basically everything lower than core i3, or phenom x2 is not good for gaming. Yeah of course you can run games with them, but you'll have to get new processor like in next year again. Because it will be slow by that day. As for motherboard goes get mobo with USB 3.0 and two PC-E's in case you want to add another gpu in future. I'm recommending getting this because it's future proof, sure i can recommend you build that is good for 6months for lower price, or a little bit expensive build that is good for let's say 2 to 3 years.. I highly recommend getting phenom x4 950, or core i5 2500k with good fan.
Tell me how much cash you have, what current your build. :3
Quote Originally Posted by alancik View Post
Basically everything lower than core i3, or phenom x2 is not good for gaming. Yeah of course you can run games with them, but you'll have to get new processor like in next year again. Because it will be slow by that day. As for motherboard goes get mobo with USB 3.0 and two PC-E's in case you want to add another gpu in future. I'm recommending getting this because it's future proof, sure i can recommend you build that is good for 6months for lower price, or a little bit expensive build that is good for let's say 2 to 3 years.. I highly recommend getting phenom x4 950, or core i5 2500k with good fan.
Tell me how much cash you have, what current your build. :3
Well 350€ is the cash
Quote Originally Posted by S|W|P View Post
Well 350€ is the cash
Is that just for the motherboard and CPU or do you need other things as well?
Okay and is a AMD A6-3650 2.60 GHz, Boxed, Incl. Videochip, Quad Core good?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
Is that just for the motherboard and CPU or do you need other things as well?
Other things aswell
Its for the GFX card The motherboard The RAM and the processor GFX card and RAM are already on 200€ so I have 150€ left for the motherboard and the proccesor
And don't worry about the WATT

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Pentiums are pretty much all you can get with that kinda budget if you're looking at Intel
And if I'm looking far an AMD?
Quote Originally Posted by S|W|P View Post
Other things aswell
Its for the GFX card The motherboard The RAM and the processor GFX card and RAM are already on 200€ so I have 150€ left for the motherboard and the proccesor
And don't worry about the WATT
Ok well for 142.35€ you can get an Athlon II X4 651 - quad core, 3.0GHz and an Asus F1A55-M LE Motherboard - which supports the processor, up to 32gb or ram and a bunch of other stuff.



Oh an that site does deliver to The Netherlands but it will cost an extra 18€ - 23€
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post


Ok well for 142.35€ you can get an Athlon II X4 651ⓘ - quad core, 3.0GHz and an Asus F1A55-M LE Motherboardⓘ - which supports the processor, up to 32gb or ram and a bunch of other stuff.



Oh an that site does deliver to The Netherlands but it will cost an extra 18€ - 23€
And thats really the best I can get
Quote Originally Posted by S|W|P View Post
And thats really the best I can get
I think so, yes. I know it's about 10€ - 15€ over what you wanted to spend but for that kinda money that's a great CPU and the motherboard should do everything you need to. Personally I don't think you'll be able to find anything much better for that price and if it was me I would get it. But still it would be worth getting a few more opinions, I'm only one guy and there's a lot of people out there that know tonnes more then I do, so I wouldn't rush into getting it just yet unless your sure that it's what you want.
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post


I think so, yes. I know it's about 10€ - 15€ over what you wanted to spend but for that kinda money that's a great CPU and the motherboard should do everything you need to. Personally I don't think you'll be able to find anything much better for that price and if it was me I would get it. But still it would be worth getting a few more opinions, I'm only one guy and there's a lot of people out there that know tonnes more then I do, so I wouldn't rush into getting it just yet unless your sure that it's what you want.
Yeah that was my plan waiting for more opinions but thanks for the help
Quote Originally Posted by S|W|P View Post
Yeah that was my plan waiting for more opinions but thanks for the help
No problem and good luck on your hunt
Posts 1–15 of 32 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us