QuestionSolvedEncrypting Text

Posts 1–15 of 39 · Page 1 of 3
Encrypting Text
Hey guys, my friend is trying to encrypt his login for his program.

Example: When people login to his program, it creates their username/password.txt on their desktop or whatever location. Now, what he wants to do is, when it saves, he wants their information to be encrypted so they're more secured that way from keyloggers or anything else.

If anyone has any ideas or something similar please post. If you want me to explain furthermore, please also reply.

Thanks!
Try to find Documentation about RSA encryption, I think it uses a public and private key for encryption and decryption (You would only distribute the public key, lets say, and not the private, which would make you able only to encrypt... or should)

Then to validate if the login is correct, compare both hashes created by the encryption, if they are both equal, the login is valid.

PS: Someone will spoonfeed you eventually with a crappy solution anyway.. so..
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Problem here: Decryption

But oh well, its a solution.
As i said, it was the first thing i've found on google, i've never done it before
Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post


As i said, it was the first thing i've found on google, i've never done it before
Not complaining And at least you googled
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Not complaining And at least you googled
This is why I like to put "I googled already" in my threads. But yeah, I did google it, for like 45 minutes. Nothing that helped me...


Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Most likely a type that has a custom encryption.
Ex - a = 4rfas
b = ywdv

I think it's to protect from putting a password text file on your computer that doesn't have just the password in it. If you're going to keep someone's password in a txt file, you would want it so that only the program could read it, right?
Yeah, that's what I'm looking for EXACTLY.
Depends on what kind of ecryption you want
There are plenty of ways to do it and where you want the information to be saved, if you plan to do so.
Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
Depends on what kind of ecryption you want
There are plenty of ways to do it and where you want the information to be saved, if you plan to do so.
Most likely a type that has a custom encryption.
Ex - a = 4rfas
b = ywdv

I think it's to protect from putting a password text file on your computer that doesn't have just the password in it. If you're going to keep someone's password in a txt file, you would want it so that only the program could read it, right?
Yeah, a custom encryption would be smart
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Most likely a type that has a custom encryption.
Ex - a = 4rfas
b = ywdv

I think it's to protect from putting a password text file on your computer that doesn't have just the password in it. If you're going to keep someone's password in a txt file, you would want it so that only the program could read it, right?
Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
Yeah, a custom encryption would be smart
Yes, I'm sure that's what is best, and what he's looking for. I remember seeing something like this before, I forgot where.. or how it worked, exactly.
Custom encryptions are the worst... but w/e

For some reason there is a couple of encryption ALGORITHMS out there.. such as RSA (the example i gave)
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Custom encryptions are the worst... but w/e

For some reason there is a couple of encryption ALGORITHMS out there.. such as RSA (the example i gave)
How are they the worst? Shouldn't they be the most secure way? If I just used someone Else's method, someone could find it, and easily decrypt it.
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


How are they the worst? Shouldn't they be the most secure way? If I just used someone Else's method, someone could find it, and easily decrypt it.
RSA (algorithm) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go, do it without the private key. "Easily decrypt it"
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
RSA (algorithm) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go, do it without the private key. "Easily decrypt it"
Not exactly what I was implying. My point is, you would need a method that you can easily understand, like my example above, so only the program can encrypt/decrypt the text. I'm even looking for a method like that.

Has anyone done this before?
Posts 1–15 of 39 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?