HelpYouTube Uploader

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
YouTube Uploader
I'm trying to figure out how to make a youtube uploader..

I've found this - Asp.Net Youtube Upload With Visual Basic

But, it's past my knowledge, so if anyone would like to explain it, or has something simpler, feel free to post.

My reason for this, is because I like to upload videos to youtube when I go to bed, but, then my computer is running all night. So, this program would shut down my computer after the uploads are complete.
I guess it is solved.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
I guess it is solved.
Sorry, I really haven't had much time to work on this, once I do, I'll report back if I get any errors or don't understand it.

Hmm.. So, I have the SDK.. but this code looks like C++ or something.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


It is in C# ! You can convert the code here:

Convert C# to VB.NET - A free code conversion tool - developer Fusion
Thanks, but now I cannot get it to upload. I have added the login code too.



Just to make sure I have the right thing, here's what I'm using for the login code

Code:
Dim UserName = TextBox1.Text
Dim password = TextBox2.Text
Dim settings As New YouTubeRequestSettings("example app", UserName, password)
Dim request As New YouTubeRequest(settings)
Also.. How would I add (a) progress bar(s)?
This is still not solved btw..
More details on the exception.. What triggers it? Wrong credentials? Size? what..? I bet the exception details say something more useful than that screenshot
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
More details on the exception.. What triggers it? Wrong credentials? Size? what..? I bet the exception details say something more useful than that screenshot
Lets see, I'm using my youtube account, I know it's right. It gets triggered after I press the button to upload, though it lags for almost a minute. I'm using the Wildlife video that comes with windows, in the C:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv o.o
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Lets see, I'm using my youtube account, I know it's right. It gets triggered after I press the button to upload, though it lags for almost a minute. I'm using the Wildlife video that comes with windows, in the C:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv o.o
You do realize that at YouTubeRequestSettings("example app", UserName, password), those parameters are not the login and password... right?

These are the developer key and client ID (Which is not even needed, all you need is ("example app", "devkey") and you can create them at http://code.google.com/apis/ youtube/dashboard. *remove the space after "/" and before "youtube"

Read the authentication section on their API documentation, here: https://developers.google.com/youtub...Authentication
There create an app and use the developer key that you get in there.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post


You do realize that at YouTubeRequestSettings("example app", UserName, password), those parameters are not the login and password... right?

These are the developer key and client ID (Which is not even needed, all you need is ("example app", "devkey") and you can create them at http://code.google.com/apis/ youtube/dashboard. *remove the space after "/" and before "youtube"

Read the authentication section on their API documentation, here: https://developers.google.com/youtub...Authentication
There create an app and use the developer key that you get in there.
Ok, I got a devkey, and I got the other code, so this is what I have

Code:
        Dim username = "my youtube username"
        Dim password = "my youtube password"
        Dim developerKey = "My devkey"
        Dim settings As YouTubeRequestSettings = New YouTubeRequestSettings("YouTube Uploader", developerKey, username, password)
        Dim request As YouTubeRequest = New YouTubeRequest(settings)
Still unsolved, anyone have any ideas?
Whats the exception now? o.O Should be working.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Whats the exception now? o.O Should be working.
Same as before. I know the account is right for sure.
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Same as before. I know the account is right for sure.
And it would be useful to know exactly what exception is that... (check the inner exceptions until the last one)
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us