TV as Computer screen

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
TV as Computer screen
So I was planning to by a tv instead of a normal computer screen but my question is will the FPS be capped to 24fps becouse normal films are capped to 24fps and thats not a nice frame rate for gaming

Thanks in advance
Most TVs support at least 60Hz input, some even have tech that artificially upscales that to way over 120Hz. However if gaming is your main priority a TV is probably a poor choice - due to all the post-processing TVs do (scaling the image, adjusting the colours, all the "cool tech" like better motion smoothing etc...) the refresh rate may be high, but the responsiveness will be low. I wouldn't worry about a TV only having a 24Hz refresh rate, I would worry about how much processing lag there might be.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Most TVs support at least 60Hz input, some even have tech that artificially upscales that to way over 120Hz. However if gaming is your main priority a TV is probably a poor choice - due to all the post-processing TVs do (scaling the image, adjusting the colours, all the "cool tech" like better motion smoothing etc...) the refresh rate may be high, but the responsiveness will be low. I wouldn't worry about a TV only having a 24Hz refresh rate, I would worry about how much processing lag there might be.
Alright thanks I will rethink my choice and do you know if borderlands 2 will run on a nvidia geforce 210 video card?
Quote Originally Posted by S|W|P View Post
Alright thanks I will rethink my choice and do you know if borderlands 2 will run on a nvidia geforce 210 video card?
It should run, however I'm doubtful that it will run as well as you would want. If you butcher the config files to make the game look like shit it might run reasonably well (console-ish fps, I guess) but you'll lose everything from lighting to decals and any chance of separating npc's eyes from their mouth when looking at their face textures.

I would honestly recommend you invest in a new gfx card if you have a desktop, you can get AMD's 6670 for around 60-65 bucks iirc.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
It should run, however I'm doubtful that it will run as well as you would want. If you butcher the config files to make the game look like shit it might run reasonably well (console-ish fps, I guess) but you'll lose everything from lighting to decals and any chance of separating npc's eyes from their mouth when looking at their face textures.

I would honestly recommend you invest in a new gfx card if you have a desktop, you can get AMD's 6670 for around 60-65 bucks iirc.
Alright thanks I'm already investing in a new pc but don't got the money yet and thanks for the help!

you may close it now
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us