Increase inventory space post patch 1.2.0?

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Increase inventory space post patch 1.2.0?
Well, patch 1.2.0 rolled back my inventory space back to 27, and neither trainers nor savegame editor help. Trainer/Cheat Table mod my backpack space in game, but once I quit, back to 27 I go. Modifying Black Market Upgrade in save editor seems to have no effect. Anyone figured a way?
yes i got the same problem
with trainer i add 100 slots but when restart game its back to 27
Quote Originally Posted by supraspecies View Post
Well, patch 1.2.0 rolled back my inventory space back to 27, and neither trainers nor savegame editor help. Trainer/Cheat Table mod my backpack space in game, but once I quit, back to 27 I go. Modifying Black Market Upgrade in save editor seems to have no effect. Anyone figured a way?
Yep - even today's small patch that supposedly fixed some bank slot bug didn't seem to "fix" our exploitation of our inventory space.

So - my inventory is crippled at 27 slots and my Bee is pretty much junk (I don't want a debate - that's my own personal opinion, you can have yours). This update was pretty terrible, if you ask me.

I wish I had the know-how to contribute to the modding community. Bumping this thread - hoping someone will find a solution to the inventory resetting to default size after a re-load of your toon at some point in time.

Seriously, how did an increased inventory hurt anyone? Why couldn't they just let it be? This patch reduced the amount of fun I was having with this game tremendously and I am saddened by that. Thankfully there's ACIII, Halo 4, and Black Ops II, I guess.
I know it’s bold to state this right now but, IMO it’s unlikely that we will to be able to get pass this hurdle and “make it stick” without altering original code and/or data. BL (1 & 2) filters your save file while it is loading it. Any anomalies will either be discarded or corrected. Only "correct" info is used in the game and then saved when you exit the game in a normal fashion thus, elegantly eliminating any “undesirable entries” that you have “mistakenly made in your save file.” This is similar to what BL1 v:1.2 had done to our pre ver:1.2 “illegit" relics, loot mods, money drops, rare item drop mods, class mods, and especially, to our beloved modded weapons. We couldn’t get around it then and we won’t be able to get around it now. (Without editing original code and/or data.) IFY: Post v:1.2 modded weapons were possible only because they fell within the NEWLY ALLOWED FRAMEWORK (missed glitches) of the v.1.2 patch. Had these weapons appear BEFORE the v:1.2 patch, they would have been FILTERED as well.

For now, the only way I’ve found to deal with the backpack slot issue is to temporally edit the slots number AFTER the game has loaded your save file. Best case scenario would be to host a game. OR put your trust into the host to edit your stats, and hope he did not accidentally or willfully screw up any of your other stats, while playing in his game. Do keep in mind, once you exit the game you’re back to 27 slots.

However, if a solution IS found, I’m willing to bet that we can adopt it back to BL1 post v:1.2. That would allow us to use and further mod pre v:1.2 style weapons (which was by far more diverse and interesting). That would be really cool and would certainly renew interest from A LOT of LOST FANS!! It is very simple to see that BL1’s main stay was due to its inherent nature for modding. I for one would not have spent over 3,000 hrs “playing” it if I was not able to create and discover interesting mods, weapon and etc..., made by other players! Let’s face it; Borderlands 1 was good but not 3.000 hrs of play good!


PS.
The better question is, why did gearbox “patch” the backpack size in the first place? (Is it to pave the way for a selling point for a future DLC or for a social networking carrot?) It was not hurting the game. I’ve never heard from any of the many cyber babies, poorly skilled players, and noobs that I have played/help with complaining about backpack sizes. Their whining are mostly in the realm of “it’s somehow my sole responsibility to pick them up every time they die. Regardless of how often they die” or “stop killing things so fast and leave some for me” or “they should nerf the Bee because its breaking the game FOR ME (the badly skilled players)" and etc… But I’ve never hear any of them saying, “Hey, your backpack is too large and it’s wreaking my game!”
Quote Originally Posted by ifm12009 View Post
why did gearbox “patch” the backpack size in the first place?

My guess was that it was a side effect/add-in to the backpack scrolling fix that was partly made worse by large inventory sizes. That said, it did give players a distinct time/money and spec advantage. Players with larger inventories could hold numerous sets of items, and afford to loot everything instead of eventually being picky. It did give an advantage.
Quote Originally Posted by Boats View Post
My guess was that it was a side effect/add-in to the backpack scrolling fix that was partly made worse by large inventory sizes. That said, it did give players a distinct time/money and spec advantage. Players with larger inventories could hold numerous sets of items, and afford to loot everything instead of eventually being picky. It did give an advantage.
Yeah, but an advantage in a co-op game is a good thing.
I can probably make a loader which would patch the inventory space value in memory right on game start - I think - but it's a pretty crappy solution. So I'm still looking for a better one. I really don't want to use any kind of loaders unles I really, really have to.
Yes You Go First By Both Methods.




Quote Originally Posted by bettinpede View Post
Yes You Go First By Both Methods.
You mean make a loader? I'd rather wait to see if someone comes up with a better idea, because making the game depend on an external loader is, as I said, a shitty idea. But if someone is willing to share inventory space pointer I might as well try. I'd prefer not to waste time looking for the right pointer since people already have it.

Overall, the general idea is to write a script that would launch the game, and keep poking inventory space value right from the start, and will not require Cheat Engine at all. I.e. same type of hack you do with Cheat Engine, but fully automatic. See what I mean? It would work, but it's just not a "clean" solution, so to say.

I can write that with AutoIT.
oh shit that sucks bro they are patching almost everything in this game
Anyone knows how to make the backpack now or isnt it working?
Quote Originally Posted by Sanyrb View Post
Anyone knows how to make the backpack now or isnt it working?
Pretty sure we're still screwed.

Meh. I personally lost interest in BL2 after 1.2.0 came out... Randy Pitchford's answer to customer unrest is to stuff Golden Keys down their throats, which in turn make the fanboys happy, which in turn make Randy feel better about doing whatever the fuck he pleases.

I can't wait until Randy's floods the community with so much loot from the Golden Key chest that, that avenue of quelling civil disobedience no longer works.

IDK, perhaps it's my age, but I'm just not feelin' it like I did with BL1. Gotta hand it to Tiny Tina, though. She's one character I really enjoyed.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us