Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

R870 MCS :: Tips 'n tricks + Shotgun Class-setup

The title explained alot, in this video i'll be explaing about class-setups I recommend using on shotguns + some tips 'n tricks for playing with shotguns. There are a couple of short gameplays montaged into it, showing what shotguns are up to. Hope you guys enjoy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iMexi For This Useful Post:

kwai (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    The KSG is VERY accurate, because it has no spread. It doesn't deal a lot of damage per pellet that hits, but if you actually hit people it almost always kills in one shot.
    The 870 is better because you can hit every shot since it has spread like a shotgun should have. With a not perfect connection you can't hit anything with the KSG.
    Last edited by Nachos; 12-01-2012 at 04:36 AM.

The lines in my Steam are i's

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    The KSG is VERY accurate, because it has no spread. It doesn't deal a lot of damage per pellet that hits, but if you actually hit people it almost always kills in one shot.
    The 870 is better because you can hit every shot since it has spread like a shotgun should have. With a not perfect connection you can't hit anything with the KSG.
    Well, I do have to admit that I only have about 50 kills with the KSG so far, so I haven't fully tested it out, but I do think that the R870 needs more skill to maintain than the KSG.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by iMexi View Post
    Well, I do have to admit that I only have about 50 kills with the KSG so far, so I haven't fully tested it out, but I do think that the R870 needs more skill to maintain than the KSG.
    I'd say the opposite. I've managed to get gold with both of those because I wanted diamond, but the S12 made me stop that mission. IMO you need more skill to use the KSG since it's basically like no-scoping with a sniper that has accurate hipfire.

Thanks

I'd say the opposite. I've managed to get gold with both of those because I wanted diamond, but the S12 made me stop that mission. IMO you need more skill to use the KSG since it's basically like no-scoping with a sniper that has accurate hipfire.
    Well, i usually don't hipfire with shotguns, I'm more of the "quickscope" shotgun user if you know what I mean.. The thing is that with the R870 you need more close-range engagements in order to get kills which makes it harder in my opinion. I've noticed when I get killed by a KSG-user he can shoot me with 1 bullet from over 30feet which is impossible with the R870.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Well, i usually don't hipfire with shotguns, I'm more of the "quickscope" shotgun user if you know what I mean.. The thing is that with the R870 you need more close-range engagements in order to get kills which makes it harder in my opinion. I've noticed when I get killed by a KSG-user he can shoot me with 1 bullet from over 30feet which is impossible with the R870.
    It kinda varies if I aim or not. But if you aim with shotguns I'd say you should use Toughness(especially on KSG) and Dexterity rather than extreme conditioning.

Thanks
    KSG is usually a one hit kill since it's a slug and not a usual shotgun shell. There's no spread on it compared to the other shotguns where the pellets spread upon discharge making it harder to kill people at longer distances. KSG would've been great without lag compensation, otherwise it's hit and miss. The Remy on the other hand is pure madness. In cqb you can be a couple milimeters off target and still win a gunfight due to the wide spread. When aiming down the sight the radius is cut by about 1/3 reducing shotgun spread by 90%(the laser sight attachement does not stack up, the ads reduction is always the same).
    Last edited by Oblongata; 12-01-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblongata View Post
    KSG is usually a one hit kill since it's a slug and not a usual shotgun shell. There's no spread on it compared to the other shotguns where the pellets spread upon discharge making it harder to kill people at longer distances. KSG would've been great without lag compensation, otherwise it's hit and miss. The Remy on the other hand is pure madness. In cqb you can be a couple milimeters off target and still win a gunfight due to the wide spread. When aiming down the sight the radius is cut by about 1/3 reducing shotgun spread by 90%(the laser sight attachement does not stack up, the ads reduction is always the same).
    With a pump-action shotgun in a CQC you have to kill with the first shot. If not, an AR/SMG will win before you can shoot again (if the enemy can hit and isn't retarded).

Thanks

It kinda varies if I aim or not. But if you aim with shotguns I'd say you should use Toughness(especially on KSG) and Dexterity rather than extreme conditioning.
    Well, it's true that Toughness makes you flinch less, but compared to the other perks I use in the setup, I'd rather prefer Dexterity (as stated in the video) than using extreme conditioning if you're not going to rush balls deep. And I'd rather have Scavenger instead of Toughness just so I could have my C4-spam which beleive me, works great (1/5 c4 I use get a kill and I don't think that's comparable to semtex, etc..)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Well, it's true that Toughness makes you flinch less, but compared to the other perks I use in the setup, I'd rather prefer Dexterity (as stated in the video) than using extreme conditioning if you're not going to rush balls deep. And I'd rather have Scavenger instead of Toughness just so I could have my C4-spam which beleive me, works great (1/5 c4 I use get a kill and I don't think that's comparable to semtex, etc..)
    I have a little less than 1/5 kills with the frags I've tossed I like my equipment to be able to reach places where I can't run to.

Thanks

I have a little less than 1/5 kills with the frags I've tossed I like my equipment to be able to reach places where I can't run to.
    Well man, I have to admit it, you'll never stop. I admire your criticism, but sometimes, it's just a little bit too much

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Well man, I have to admit it, you'll never stop. I admire your criticism, but sometimes, it's just a little bit too much
    I'm discussing, I'm not criticizing you.

I tried C4 today, and I gotta admit that it is actually better when using shotguns. I had no idea that you could throw it as far as you can.

Thanks

I'm discussing, I'm not criticizing you.

I tried C4 today, and I gotta admit that it is actually better when using shotguns. I had no idea that you could throw it as far as you can.
    Yep, you can throw it way further than in mw3 and that even without jumping + if you're using ps3, just double tap the square to detonate immediatly so you can like throw, double tap square and detonate before it even lands, so it's actually really handy if you need it fast ;p

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Yep, you can throw it way further than in mw3 and that even without jumping + if you're using ps3, just double tap the square to detonate immediatly so you can like throw, double tap square and detonate before it even lands, so it's actually really handy if you need it fast ;p
    Double tap E on PC

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaakske View Post
    Double tap E on PC
    I don't like pc games no more, since hack sites like this have taken control over games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast