Killmarks

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Killmarks
I recently got a set of new, plain white kill marks. I put it in the Crossfire/rez/ui, etc etc, but when I get a Revenge kill or a Gold Headshot, a white box appears in place of where the symbol should be. Anyone want to help? I'll post the marks, if needed, though I'm not sure if we're allowed to post outside links...
No, you're not allowed to post outside links. That's where the upload system is for.

How ever, the problem is probably that the artist (who made the kill marks) did not use transparency (using alpha channels). If you have Photoshop and have expierence with alpha channels, you can add it yourself. Or you could ask somebody (maybe the creator?) to add transparency. I 'could' do it. If the kill marks are really good, I will see what I can do for you.
Quote Originally Posted by kalekip1 View Post
No, you're not allowed to post outside links. That's where the upload system is for.

How ever, the problem is probably that the artist (who made the kill marks) did not use transparency (using alpha channels). If you have Photoshop and have expierence with alpha channels, you can add it yourself. Or you could ask somebody (maybe the creator?) to add transparency. I 'could' do it. If the kill marks are really good, I will see what I can do for you.
Transparency? What does transparancy have to do with alpha channel?
Quote Originally Posted by Lightseer View Post
Transparency? What does transparancy have to do with alpha channel?
I'm not an expert in art, but I know that if you use the alpha channel, your Targa files will be transparent. If you know how it works, then you probably know that there are only 2 'colors': black and white. The black part is the part which gets transparent.

Here's a video:

Is there a Goldenheadshot and a Revenge in your folder?
Quote Originally Posted by -[D]utch- View Post
Is there a Goldenheadshot and a Revenge in your folder?
Yep, but the revenge appeasrs as a white bar...
Quote Originally Posted by Lightseer View Post
Yep, but the revenge appeasrs as a white bar...
Check the revenge (.tga) file. Does it look normal?
Quote Originally Posted by -[D]utch- View Post


Check the revenge (.tga) file. Does it look normal?

>.< There isn't any. I guess this was meant to overlap the original marks...
Quote Originally Posted by Lightseer View Post
>.< There isn't any. I guess this was meant to overlap the original marks...
Yep, i already tought so.. You shouldve kept them
Yep, it works now. I downloaded the original files and replaced the specific ones with the White marks, thanks for the help!
killmark files in the crossfire/rez/ui folder it should be in the mark folder
Quote Originally Posted by iSmexy View Post
killmark files in the crossfire/rez/ui folder it should be in the mark folder
? What if they already are in the folder...? Also, as much as I appreciate your help, it sorta got resolved...
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us