Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Well, I didn't say I liked Mizore or Shana for there trivial information . If judged on that scale I would say Naruto or Luffy. I said that's one of the important factors. I guess I'm more of an ecchi/comedy/dark anime type guy rather than watching a anime where they are wasting 2 episodes to throw a spirit bomb.. even though I thoroughly enjoyed it when I was 11 or 12 I don't know about now. I like every episode to surprise me. I prefer short anime series that show just the story maybe 50-75 episodes at most. I also pick characters as my favorites because I can relate to them in a sense or just enjoy watching them. Naruto, One Piece, Bleach & DragonBall Z always tend to make everything longer then it has to be, I'm sure because it's profitable but it's really annoying watching a fight for an hour and it's still not over. It loses all significance if you overdo it, now when I look at the old series I used to enjoy the only thing that comes to mind is "What's the big deal? He already showed us that episodes ago -_-" Let me throw a few short series at you.

Hellsing
    Steins; Gate
    Darker Than Black
    Fate/Zero
    A Certain Magical Index
    Blue Exorcist
    WitchBlade
    Shakugan No Shana
    Fate-Stay Night
    Haruhi Suzumiya
    Serial Experiments
    Needless
    Angel Beats!
    Desert Punk
    Elfen Lied
    Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

I guess you get the vibe of what I watch, this is just recently over the past 3 months but all the series are really great according to my standards. Maybe watch one of them and point out what you like or don't like about them. Most of them you can find on Netflix (If that helps)
    *giggles* nah, I understand. I constantly rag on naruto and other shonen for dragging on for no real reason other than to prolong the arc. I myself am not really a current-gen shonen fan. I can hardly watch a single episode of naruto/bleach/fairy tail without puking. (one piece is alright if but for the movies).

And yes, flashbacks to the same events is bullshit. I 100% agreee.
    ------------

I'm a comedy/dark(seinan) fan myself so I getcha.

I've seen all those except for.......baka and sakurasuo(not my thing). I suggest steins;gate and black lagoon.

I never watch on netflix, the dubs bleed my ears for some of those.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-09-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Omg Definitely Temori Taiga

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

*giggles* nah, I understand. I constantly rag on naruto and other shonen for dragging on for no real reason other than to prolong the arc. I myself am not really a current-gen shonen fan. I can hardly watch a single episode of naruto/bleach/fairy tail without puking. (one piece is alright if but for the movies).

And yes, flashbacks to the same events is bullshit. I 100% agreee.
    ------------

I'm a comedy/dark(seinan) fan myself so I getcha.

I've seen all those except for.......baka and sakurasuo(not my thing). I suggest steins;gate and black lagoon.

I never watch on netflix, the dubs bleed my ears for some of those.

Ha, I've actually put Steins; Gate on the list. I put everything that I recently watched, I watched Black Lagoon a year ago. I usually watched dubbed, the voice acting for a majority of them are actually pretty good. And I watch most of my anime on the laptop so I hate having to read the words and missing whats going on at the same time. I've watched a lot of subbed anime on Netflix, but overall I prefer dubbed. Most dubbed anime I watch usually have good voice actors, I mean if they sucked why would they pay them?

If you think english dubbed is bad you'll just have to find a anime with these voice actors..

Blake Shepard
    Wendee Lee
    Stephanie Sheh
    Monica Rial
    Maggie Flecknoe
    Luci Christian
    Colleen Clinkenbeard

I could list a dozen more but these are my favorite voice actors. The only way to truly appreciate something like voice acting is to try it yourself which me and a few of my friends once tried to dub Haruhi Suzumiya sometime last year and we had one episode and it was mediocre at best.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Ha, I've actually put Steins; Gate on the list. I put everything that I recently watched, I watched Black Lagoon a year ago. I usually watched dubbed, the voice acting for a majority of them are actually pretty good. And I watch most of my anime on the laptop so I hate having to read the words and missing whats going on at the same time. I've watched a lot of subbed anime on Netflix, but overall I prefer dubbed. Most dubbed anime I watch usually have good voice actors, I mean if they sucked why would they pay them?

If you think english dubbed is bad you'll just have to find a anime with these voice actors..

Blake Shepard
    Wendee Lee
    Stephanie Sheh
    Monica Rial
    Maggie Flecknoe
    Luci Christian
    Colleen Clinkenbeard

I could list a dozen more but these are my favorite voice actors. The only way to truly appreciate something like voice acting is to try it yourself which me and a few of my friends once tried to dub Haruhi Suzumiya sometime last year and we had one episode and it was mediocre at best.
    Eh, I've watched countless foreign movies/series/anime so reading while watching is pretty much a habit.

Dubbed Black lagoon was god-awful, and I generally hate dubs. The few dubs I like were all pre 2007. "classic" anime sadly.
    1. They don't pay the english VA's shit.
    2. They re-use most of the same people for a lot of series, even with the same voice.
    3. Anything with japanese themes has major problems.
    a) Pronunciation is generally awful.
    b) Bad translation(even in fucking manga, goddamn dorohedoro fucked up a main characters name somehow)
    4. They constantly can't read the tone of voice needed.
    5. Lip sycn is off of course, especially in detailed series.

Generally I'd prefer watching any cartoon over dubbed anime. Avatar was fucking awesome.
    ---------------------

Also, I can't watch Bakemonogatari, SZS, or any other anime with wordplay.
    ----------------------------------

Now if you like dub anime, that is cool. I got into anime through that.(ruro-ken).

This is just my personal opinion: Dubs suck and they limit your anime choice. You can't watch any new anime if you only stick to dubs. Its usually a year - 2 years before they get picked up.

But again, if you just can't get into subbed anime, its ok. I know manga/anime people that can't read comic books and vise versa.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-10-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    1. Naruto Uzumaki
    2. Lucy
    3. Revy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123