Minecraft HAcking/Mod Assistance

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Minecraft HAcking/Mod Assistance
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me I'm a brand new member and was wondering if anyone could teach me to create my own mods and such I'm not familiar with the source cods and all and would need someone to explain it. I'm very interested in starting up this hobby and writing my own mods if anyone has the time to share with me their knowledge it would be very appreciate

Thanks,
Waambulance

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Sorry Im dumb I put this in the wrong section anyway it could be moved to minecraft tutorial section?
For one thing learn to code.Looking at source codes means nothing if you don't even know the language.Put modding as a long term goal that will take 3-4 months to reach

Your Goal List
1.Learn Java-est 3-4 months Heres a link for you to start learning:http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/javascript
2.Learn Opengl-est 1 month or more.
3.If you are an idiot,Repeat steps 1 & 2
Quote Originally Posted by C++Coding View Post
For one thing learn to code.Looking at source codes means nothing if you don't even know the language.Put modding as a long term goal that will take 3-4 months to reach

Your Goal List
1.Learn Java-est 3-4 months Heres a link for you to start learning:JavaScript | Codecademy
2.Learn Opengl-est 1 month or more.
3.If you are an idiot,Repeat steps 1 & 2
You linked to Javascript.

Though, like he said, you need to learn Java and OpenGL pretty much. To set it up, get Eclipse, and install MCP (as shown above, Minecraft Coder Pack). Though, I would just learn Java first. I'm learning it right now. Reading 2 different books; 'Think Java' and 'Head First into Java'

Both great books. Head First into Java is pretty good cause it makes you think.. Very difficult. They have different exercises and shit like that. I can't even do some of them cause it's a PDF.
Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post


You linked to Javascript.

Though, like he said, you need to learn Java and OpenGL pretty much. To set it up, get Eclipse, and install MCP (as shown above, Minecraft Coder Pack). Though, I would just learn Java first. I'm learning it right now. Reading 2 different books; 'Think Java' and 'Head First into Java'

Both great books. Head First into Java is pretty good cause it makes you think.. Very difficult. They have different exercises and shit like that. I can't even do some of them cause it's a PDF.
I linked the wrong language on purpose because the idiot would have clicked the link because he knows nothing of programming and would have learned a web-dev language instead of the computer programming language
Quote Originally Posted by C++Coding View Post
I linked the wrong language on purpose because the idiot would have clicked the link because he knows nothing of programming and would have learned a web-dev language instead of the computer programming language
Oh, lol, I assumed you'd do that.

I know pretty simplistic Javascript, but PHP, HTML, and CSS I got down. Just a question, do you know Java yourself? I'm learning it now. I try to read at least a chapter a day, but I'm between books.. Like, Head First is great, but it's a PDF so like I can't do all the excercises and shit which pisses me off. Then I have Think Java and Thinking in Java, but Thinking in Java has like no code examples or anything. Think Java is my favorite so far.
Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post


Oh, lol, I assumed you'd do that.

I know pretty simplistic Javascript, but PHP, HTML, and CSS I got down. Just a question, do you know Java yourself? I'm learning it now. I try to read at least a chapter a day, but I'm between books.. Like, Head First is great, but it's a PDF so like I can't do all the excercises and shit which pisses me off. Then I have Think Java and Thinking in Java, but Thinking in Java has like no code examples or anything. Think Java is my favorite so far.
Heres one for you.

All things in java Come from the main point "Object" in the Hierarchy everything is a subclass of Object and anything you do can be traced from there.
Quote Originally Posted by C++Coding View Post
Heres one for you.

All things in java Come from the main point "Object" in the Hierarchy everything is a subclass of Object and anything you do can be traced from there.
OOP?

Anyways, I decided to learn from the creators. Like, the official book from Java themselves. So, that's where I'm at now. The one thing I'm stuck on now is like the difference between double float and long. They're different bits and shit, but when do you use them?
Quote Originally Posted by Waambulance View Post
I'm a brand new member and was wondering if anyone could teach me to create my own mods and such I'm not familiar with the source codes and all and would need someone to explain it.
I made a tut yesterday and the day before.
Thread 1.
Thread 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Waambulance View Post
I'm very interested in starting up this hobby and writing my own mods if anyone has the time to share with me their knowledge it would be very appreciate
It's really fun. But furst, you should learn to use MCP and look around the code for awhile and see how different things work.
Double and float are both decimals the only thing different between them in the rounding.
Long is a really big integer like 21436753636463
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us