Making a GMod Mod Menu (GUI)

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Making a GMod Mod Menu (GUI)
Hey guys, i'm starting a project, and its a GMod GUI. The only problem, is that I don't know how to make one I want the menu to be sort of like DayZ's "wuat" menu, or Minecraft's WeepCraft etc. Basically something where it is bound to a key and it pops up. So if someone could post a template and a tutorial for everyone to see, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
There are no templates or anything sadly, you just have to ask around and hopefully someone will teach you something.
You could look up some general tutorials here though.

Main Page - GMod Wiki
So far ive got this, but I don't know how to make each part of the menu run a script etc. Also, what folder do i add it to, and do i make it a .LUA? Down the bottom I found " RunConsoleCommand("sv_password", "toyboat") ". I want to add something like that on each line if it works, so that if i click on "Aimbot" for example, it will type in the console the command to execute that script.


local DermaPanel = vgui.Create( "DFrame" )
DermaPanel:SetPos( 50,50 )
DermaPanel:SetSize( 250, 300 )
DermaPanel:SetTitle( "ProtoH4X - Garry's Mod Hack" )
DermaPanel:SetVisible( true )
DermaPanel:SetDraggable( true )
DermaPanel:ShowCloseButton( true )
DermaPanel:SetMouseInputEnabled(true)
DermaPanel:SetKeyboardInputEnabled(true)
DermaPanel:MakePopup()

local SomeCollapsibleCategory = vgui.Create("DCollapsibleCategory", DermaPanel)
SomeCollapsibleCategory:SetPos( 25,50 )
SomeCollapsibleCategory:SetSize( 200, 50 )
SomeCollapsibleCategory:SetExpanded( 0 )
SomeCollapsibleCategory:SetLabel( "Our Collapsible Category" )

CategoryList = vgui.Create( "DPanelList" )
CategoryList:SetAutoSize( true )
CategoryList:SetSpacing( 5 )
CategoryList:EnableHorizontal( false )
CategoryList:EnableVerticalScrollbar( true )

SomeCollapsibleCategory:SetContents( CategoryList )

local CategoryContentOne = vgui.Create( "DCheckBoxLabel" )
CategoryContentOne:SetText( "God Mode" )
CategoryContentOne:SetConVar( "sbox_godmode" )
CategoryContentOne:SetValue( 1 )
CategoryContentOne:SizeToContents()
CategoryList:AddItem( CategoryContentOne )

local CategoryContentTwo = vgui.Create( "DCheckBoxLabel" )
CategoryContentTwo:SetText( "Player Damage" )
CategoryContentTwo:SetConVar( "sbox_plpldamage" )
CategoryContentTwo:SetValue( 1 )
CategoryContentTwo:SizeToContents()
CategoryList:AddItem( CategoryContentTwo )

local CategoryContentThree = vgui.Create( "DCheckBoxLabel" )
CategoryContentThree:SetText( "Fall Damage" )
CategoryContentThree:SetConVar( "mp_falldamage" )
CategoryContentThree:SetValue( 1 )
CategoryContentThree:SizeToContents()
CategoryList:AddItem( CategoryContentThree )

local CategoryContentFour = vgui.Create( "DCheckBoxLabel" )
CategoryContentFour:SetText( "Noclip" )
CategoryContentFour:SetConVar( "sbox_noclip" )
CategoryContentFour:SetValue( 1 )
CategoryContentFour:SizeToContents()
CategoryList:AddItem( CategoryContentFour )

local CategoryContentFive = vgui.Create( "DCheckBoxLabel" )
CategoryContentFive:SetText( "All Talk" )
CategoryContentFive:SetConVar( "sv_alltalk" )
CategoryContentFive:SetValue( 1 )
CategoryContentFive:SizeToContents()
CategoryList:AddItem( CategoryContentFive )

local CategoryContentSeven = vgui.Create( "DSysButton" )
CategoryContentSeven:SetType( "close" )
CategoryContentSeven.DoClick = function()
RunConsoleCommand("sv_password", "toyboat")
end
CategoryContentSeven.DoRightClick = function()
RunConsoleCommand("sv_password", "**")
end
CategoryList:AddItem( CategoryContentSeven )

Will this work? Its nowhere near complete btw.
I don't know if it's working or not, I'm not at home and as I might've said I'm not good with coding yet.
But this might help you understand.

function TheFunction(client, command, arguments)
print("Hi!")
end

concommand.Add("Ingameconsolecommand", TheFunction)
Well I am new to LUA aswell lol, so I will need help from someone with decent experience. If I can't make an ingame menu, I can first try something like your bypass maybe? So a small application that has the hack options inside of it?

How did you get your SEBI to work? How does it send the command to the GMod console? If you can tell me that, I can get started on an external GMod hack for now
I coded it in very basic lua via Cheat Engine 6.2
It just alters the console commands for the client via memory-address and not via console.

So in other terms, find the "pointer" for the addy and then force a value on it via writeBytes to address.
Ok, I've made a pretty nice looking template in Visual Basic 2010. I understand exactly what the code means, but I want to put it in Visual Basic. So when I click the CheckBox, it will send the console command to hl2.exe and therefore executing the script. That's how I see this working so far, or have I got the complete wrong idea? I want to add that to Visual Basic somehow.

function TheFunction(client, command, arguments)
print("lua_openscript_cl Triggerbot.lua")
end

concommand.Add("Ingameconsolecommand", TheFunction)

The menu's template is complete, I added 2 bypasses (SV and SE), but the coding I havn't even started.
Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeRifle5 View Post
Ok, I've made a pretty nice looking template in Visual Basic 2010. I understand exactly what the code means, but I want to put it in Visual Basic. So when I click the CheckBox, it will send the console command to hl2.exe and therefore executing the script. That's how I see this working so far, or have I got the complete wrong idea? I want to add that to Visual Basic somehow.

function TheFunction(client, command, arguments)
print("lua_openscript_cl Triggerbot.lua")
end

concommand.Add("Ingameconsolecommand", TheFunction)

The menu's template is complete, I added 2 bypasses (SV and SE), but the coding I havn't even started.
If you are thinking about trying to bypass any of those by lua it wont work sadly, not without a module.
As you can't load a script ingame unless you already have a bypass (If you catch my drift)

And about the code, I'm not quite sure that's right, the print would probably just print that exact string to the screen and not the console.
You should study other peoples hacks and it might enhance your understanding, as mine is limited and I'm just retarded enough to not have it stick after reading it.
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post


If you are thinking about trying to bypass any of those by lua it wont work sadly, not without a module.
As you can't load a script ingame unless you already have a bypass (If you catch my drift)

And about the code, I'm not quite sure that's right, the print would probably just print that exact string to the screen and not the console.
You should study other peoples hacks and it might enhance your understanding, as mine is limited and I'm just retarded enough to not have it stick after reading it.
Well then at the moment I have fallen to a standstill lol. I will stick to using your bypass, but I simply want this to send the chosen message to the console in GMod. I can't find any actual tutorials if you get what I mean (google, bing. You are useless once again).
Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeRifle5 View Post
Well then at the moment I have fallen to a standstill lol. I will stick to using your bypass, but I simply want this to send the chosen message to the console in GMod. I can't find any actual tutorials if you get what I mean (google, bing. You are useless once again).
Yeah, there are little to no documentation to the new coding since gmod13 as far as I've seen and there are no specific tutorials to this that are up to speed (not fully)

But you could again check this page - Lua Tutorial Series - GMod Wiki
What about a Derma menu? I can make one of those work, ive done it before but once again though, I want it so when I click on "Aimbot" for example, it prints the execution command in the console?
Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeRifle5 View Post
What about a Derma menu? I can make one of those work, ive done it before but once again though, I want it so when I click on "Aimbot" for example, it prints the execution command in the console?
The page I linked have examples of stuff like that if I'm not mistaken
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post


The page I linked have examples of stuff like that if I'm not mistaken
It has a lot of useful stuff, I found a great starting idea for a menu (its working) but it doesn't say how to make it so when I click the CheckBox, it sends a command to the console unfortunately :s Im getting there though.

*EDIT* I got it!
Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeRifle5 View Post
It has a lot of useful stuff, I found a great starting idea for a menu (its working) but it doesn't say how to make it so when I click the CheckBox, it sends a command to the console unfortunately :s Im getting there though.

*EDIT* I got it!
Well, once you got a working set there feel free to share it in the script thread
Could a staff member take down this post please? Thanks.
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?