Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Whew i thought it would be all nos i started 10 minutes ago on java
    Dont add casin0.1 not my account anymore got keylogged.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Java is so much better...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    i LOVE java its FUN
    Dont add casin0.1 not my account anymore got keylogged.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by FailHacker View Post
    yeah java is really easy, you practically learn 85% of c++ with java, except you're really limited in what you can do compared to c++. Java was actually derived from c++. If you're looking into much more advanced stuff e.g. hacks, game development, go c++; however, if you want to create simple programs like a small game, or calculators, stuff 0f that nature, go java.
    There is so much fucking failure present in your post it's just downright embarrassing. @FailHacker

Like any non-native language, Java is rather easy to start programming in, its designed to take a lot of the hassle out of learning to code, however obviously when you start doing more complex things with the language, it will also be more complex. No programming language is inherently "easy", it still takes time to learn, regardless of language.

Personally I wouldn't learn Java, I dislike it. However, it is nice if you plan on doing cross-platform development with a User Interface ( while C++/C is cross platform, making good looking cross-platform UIs is more difficult than you would find in java (Swing class is already present)

[AT] The original poster, if you're looking for a language to set you up for a career in IT, I've gotta say there is no single one. Very few software development companies limit themselves to just a single language, that's because there is no "king" programming language. Each language has strengths and weaknesses so knowing multiple languages allows you to use a language that is best suited for the job.

(i.e you wouldn't use C++ to try and design a webpage when HTML + PHP + CSS exist now would you? And you wouldn't try and develop a .NET library in javascript)

Start with any language you want, if you really want a career in IT, it doesn't matter what language you start with, if you're any good you'll learn most of the prominent languages during your career anyway. Picking up new languages gets easier every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

Thanks
    @Jason the beginning capabilities of Java is as easy to learn as c++. And if you think no language is easy go test out VB. So I don't see where the "fucking fail" is. C++ has much more potential than java.
    Legen...wait for it...dary

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by FailHacker View Post
    @Jason the beginning capabilities of Java is as easy to learn as c++. And if you think no language is easy go test out VB. So I don't see where the "fucking fail" is. C++ has much more potential than java.
    Okay let me steer you to the fucking fail.

Quote Originally Posted by FailHacker
    yeah java is really easy, you practically learn 85% of c++ with java,
    Now let me correct you on that. You learn about 0.01% of C++ with Java, Java is BY NATURE different to C++, it's not a native language. The ONLY similarities between the two ( aside from the fact they both employ some coding standards ) is the C-style syntax. Learning a syntax != learning 85% of a language.

Java was actually derived from c++.
    No it wasn't. It employs a C-Style syntax but aside from that it's fundamentally different. (Runs on a VM..etc)

And if you think no language is easy go test out VB.
    I guarantee I could post VB code that you wouldn't understand. Yes, it has a pretty much English syntax, but to learn it in any great depth is still challenging. Yes, it's easy for beginners to start with but there is a lot of complexity as soon as you get past spammers.

So yeah, I think I sufficiently located the "fucking fail" in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

Rakuuza (05-06-2012),t7ancients (09-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Okay let me steer you to the fucking fail.

Now let me correct you on that. You learn about 0.01% of C++ with Java, Java is BY NATURE different to C++, it's not a native language. The ONLY similarities between the two ( aside from the fact they both employ some coding standards ) is the C-style syntax. Learning a syntax != learning 85% of a language.

No it wasn't. It employs a C-Style syntax but aside from that it's fundamentally different. (Runs on a VM..etc)

I guarantee I could post VB code that you wouldn't understand. Yes, it has a pretty much English syntax, but to learn it in any great depth is still challenging. Yes, it's easy for beginners to start with but there is a lot of complexity as soon as you get past spammers.

So yeah, I think I sufficiently located the "fucking fail" in that post.

100% Agree with this post, for people who only know basics and do comparisons are truly idiotic. There is no way in hell C++ is similar to Java.... Yeah, so what the syntax in the same! As you go further beyond.... They're two completely different languages.

Another Point, Java is run of a Virtual Machine and not standalone, and you said by learning Java you know 85% of C++. So Let's Say I go and learn Java that I will be able to code a fully operational operating system?? I don't think so as Java isn't made for the same reasons C++ is, and therefore they're two completely different languages with similar syntax.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I say just learn Java to get some type of experience in it. It's easy to learn, implement, and fix. If you focus and pay attention to detail, you're good. I also go with others, that if you want to primarily go for IT, learn C++ and stick with it.

Thanks
    Yeah you can learn java get more job opportunities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12