C vs C++

PollPreference in General
44 votes
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
Opinion and Help: C vs C++ vs Java
I have a question. In general which programming language do you guys prefer? And which is more suited to the future. Is C++ growing more popular or is C still winning. And as an aside, what do you guys think of Java in relation to C/C++ and the questions above. Thanks.
C# seems to becomming more popular then c or c++
Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
C# seems to becomming more popular then c or c++
Really? What exactly is C# like, and what is the cause for it's popularity?

Another question, are more programs being made in C, C++, or java (I'm mainly asking for c/c++ but java is a language that can't be ignored)?
If i Code i always code with C++..
it´s the difficultest prog but the best i think.:=)
Quote Originally Posted by Lukas59 View Post
If i Code i always code with C++..
it´s the difficultest prog but the best i think.:=)
Some adjectives aren't meant to be superlative >_>....

Personally I like java, because I found it very easy to learn and it ports to any system, but there is no best language. Im am starting to learn that now. That there is only the best language for the job and that no language is the the Uber Win all Take all. ;P

BTW: I still can't understand ASM.... >_> does anyone know where i could get a good understanding of asm?


Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay
If windows dies, and linux or mac takes over, the only programmers that aren't fucked, are the C\C++ programmers(ones that don't lean on MFC), and java programmers.(That's excluding the rest of the crappy languages used on that platform)
Wo_Ot! Still got a job... fk yeh xD.... Java may be slow and clunky, but its around for the long hull :P
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Some adjectives aren't meant to be superlative >_>....

Personally I like java, because I found it very easy to learn and it ports to any system, but there is no best language. Im am starting to learn that now. That there is only the best language for the job and that no language is the the Uber Win all Take all. ;P

BTW: I still can't understand ASM.... >_> does anyone know where i could get a good understanding of asm?




Wo_Ot! Still got a job... fk yeh xD.... Java may be slow and clunky, but its around for the long hull :P
Long Haul you mean? Either way, I've already long since decided to stay with C++, I wasn't going to change my mind in the first place, I just wanted the opinion of others.
A lot of C++ is C, but it all depends what your coding, say you want some super fast program doing thousands of calculations a second. I would use asm or C. Other times you need a good interface over performance, maybe you would go with VB(or another language with the same drag n drop gui).

I personally like C++ because it has features like inline asm, makes up for the issues in C(imo) and has the ability to do almost every program I make with out going to extreme difficulties.

krellooo C++ ain't the most difficult go code some brainfuck or asm
Quote Originally Posted by sgtmattbaker View Post
A lot of C++ is C, but it all depends what your coding, say you want some super fast program doing thousands of calculations a second. I would use asm or C. Other times you need a good interface over performance, maybe you would go with VB(or another language with the same drag n drop gui).

I personally like C++ because it has features like inline asm, makes up for the issues in C(imo) and has the ability to do almost every program I make with out going to extreme difficulties.

krellooo C++ ain't the most difficult go code some brainfuck or asm
Thanks for your input, i already know about C++ and the fact you can choose to code using the new features, or just use the C features (almost all C code is valid C++ code, correct?). Which was why i wasn't sure if i should just learn C, or C++. But i just wanted to make sure before i continue learning it that i'm not learning a dying language. By the way, by inline ASM do you mean I can pretty much use assembly code within C++?

P.S. Brainf*** is a crazy and useless language that's just plain messed up. It basically has zero human readability, even Assembly is better >_<

Example, 'hello world' in brainf*** :
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++
..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.

All i can see are fish >_< . It's pretty darn amazing imo.
Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
Thanks for your input, i already know about C++ and the fact you can choose to code using the new features, or just use the C features (almost all C code is valid C++ code, correct?). Which was why i wasn't sure if i should just learn C, or C++. But i just wanted to make sure before i continue learning it that i'm not learning a dying language. By the way, by inline ASM do you mean I can pretty much use assembly code within C++?

P.S. Brainf*** is a crazy and useless language that's just plain messed up. It basically has zero human readability, even Assembly is better >_<

Example, 'hello world' in brainf*** :
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++
..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.

All i can see are fish >_< . It's pretty darn amazing imo.
All C code should compile in a C++ compiler I'm pretty sure. C/C++ isn't dieing most fps games are coded in C++ if not all(can't think of any exceptions but someone probably has made one), tons of viruses are coded in C/C++ ect. people still use it a lot. Inline asm is directly writing asm to your program. If you wrote __asm { pushad } that should appear in your program.

supernova2131 C sharp is based off C++ so C sharp is newer.
I suggest C++ because that is a more modern version of C#
It has many more features and is much easier to use (somewhat)
C# lmao c++ ftw i dont see alot useing C# c Python, Perl, and LISP but if you plan on being a hacker that trys to rob banks and shit learn all -_-
Quote Originally Posted by sgtmattbaker View Post
All C code should compile in a C++ compiler I'm pretty sure. C/C++ isn't dieing most fps games are coded in C++ if not all(can't think of any exceptions but someone probably has made one), tons of viruses are coded in C/C++ ect. people still use it a lot. Inline asm is directly writing asm to your program. If you wrote __asm { pushad } that should appear in your program.

supernova2131 C sharp is based off C++ so C sharp is newer.
But what about other types of programs and applications, is c++ commonplace in general?


Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
Java ftw make a copy of rs and make a lot of money.
Quote Originally Posted by Micheltjuh View Post
Learn ASM, it owns all.
frankly ASM and Java scare me >_<


Quote Originally Posted by dk173 View Post
C# lmao c++ ftw i dont see alot useing C# c Python, Perl, and LISP but if you plan on being a hacker that trys to rob banks and shit learn all -_-
I don't necessarily plan on being a hacker >_>
Java ftw make a copy of rs and make a lot of money.
Learn ASM, it owns all.
Quote Originally Posted by Micheltjuh View Post
Learn ASM, it owns all.
I strongly disagree with you. It'd take years to write a crappy game engine in this language. A mix of asm and another programming language is much better.


First of all, C# is managed, and it's a piece of shit because of that. Your not going to see a whole kernel-mode .net framework for driver developers. Hell, you don't even get standard C runtime libraries working with kernel-mode drivers. Secondly, Java runs in a VM, which makes is slow. For each instruction in java, there are probably 2 - 5 instructions executed for the host machine's processor. Lastly, I preffer C++ over C because of the OOP mainly. But I use both depending on the situation.

And sgtmattbaker, VB and C# are pretty goddamn well the same thing. The syntax is different, but they're both slow, crappy, and lean heavly on the .net framework.

C# is becoming more popular, but not with any big projects, and certainly no where near the popularity of C or C++. If windows dies, and linux or mac takes over, the only programmers that aren't fucked, are the C\C++ programmers(ones that don't lean on MFC), and java programmers.(That's excluding the rest of the crappy languages used on that platform)

I suggest C++ because that is a more modern version of C#
What the fuck are you talkin about boy? That's completely incorrect.
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us