What is the difference between

Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
What is the difference between
DOTA2 and LoL?
For a person who has been playing FPSes as far as I can remember, what is the difference, which is better and why?
Already play LoL since all of my friends do, let's just say I make all my friends and teammates rage. (Yes every single one of them)

Apologies for my ignorance, trolls are welcome.
LoL : No matter what was your teammate rank they always end up being noobs.
Quote Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
LoL : No matter what was your teammate rank they always end up being noobs.
This explains the true story.
Meh, its just a question of habit imo. Ive been playing LoL for almost 2 years now and when i tried DoTA 2 i didnt like it, tried HoN also and didnt like it too. Maybe if i start playing DoTA ill prefer it more than LoL... but i still play LoL cuz all my friends are playing it
DoTA2 and HoN are more hardcore games, LoL is a more casual game. Heroes wise they are similar, but mechanic wise DoTA2 and HoN require more skills to be more successful, with farming, denying, last hitting, not dying, etc.
Quote Originally Posted by Terio View Post
Meh, its just a question of habit imo. Ive been playing LoL for almost 2 years now and when i tried DoTA 2 i didnt like it, tried HoN also and didnt like it too. Maybe if i start playing DoTA ill prefer it more than LoL... but i still play LoL cuz all my friends are playing it
But they are both based on the same general theme? Watching youtube while barely knowing shit about the game doesn't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
DoTA2 and HoN are more hardcore games, LoL is a more casual game. Heroes wise they are similar, but mechanic wise DoTA2 and HoN require more skills to be more successful, with farming, denying, last hitting, not dying, etc.
I kinda find LoL more knowledge based (ie. remembering each skill, how is it played and in what situation more - I may be seriously wrong) So basically if I suck at LoL, I shouldn't get even near DoTA since my experience with that kind of games is below zero. Ahh Okay.
Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post

Have you not watched the JP and KR play lol? They go all out and play hardcore as fuck. They shit on NA and EU. But I think all three games are gay. I would play Dota 1 all the time if I could but hard to find good players anymore.
Quote Originally Posted by The XXX Devil View Post


I kinda find LoL more knowledge based (ie. remembering each skill, how is it played and in what situation more - I may be seriously wrong) So basically if I suck at LoL, I shouldn't get even near DoTA since my experience with that kind of games is below zero. Ahh Okay.
That's literally the same with any MOBA game, I can go hard as fuck in LoL even though I've played like 5 games total ever, take a LoL player and send them into HoN or DoTA2 and they'll probably get crushed by the difficulty curve. It's a lot harder when the mechanics aren't so friendly toward noobs and pros alike.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post




That's literally the same with any MOBA game, I can go hard as fuck in LoL even though I've played like 5 games total ever, take a LoL player and send them into HoN or DoTA2 and they'll probably get crushed by the difficulty curve. It's a lot harder when the mechanics aren't so friendly toward noobs and pros alike.
Played Dota 2 easy to shit on people at level one but I also been playing Dota 1 since the warcraft MOD came out. Never play HoN always thought it looked gay and people told me it was pay to win.
​Both games suck and are only played by neckbeards.
Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
​Both games suck and are only played by neckbeards.
Lies I shave my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
DoTA2 and HoN are more hardcore games, LoL is a more casual game. Heroes wise they are similar, but mechanic wise DoTA2 and HoN require more skills to be more successful, with farming, denying, last hitting, not dying, etc.
Have you not watched the JP and KR play lol? They go all out and play hardcore as fuck. They shit on NA and EU. But I think all three games are gay. I would play Dota 1 all the time if I could but hard to find good players anymore.
Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
LoL=Pay2Win
LoL is a MOBA game. All MOBA games are equal. No MOBA game has any premium features that gives you advantages but mere cosmetics.
Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
Played Dota 2 easy to shit on people at level one but I also been playing Dota 1 since the warcraft MOD came out. Never play HoN always thought it looked gay and people told me it was pay to win.
HoN isn't pay to win, it kinda was for a while where new heroes costed money for the first month "early access" after their release, then went free, now they are all completely free after release. But that was the only thing, which kinda was pay2win but not fully since it was only for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Implify View Post


LoL is a MOBA game. All MOBA games are equal. No MOBA game has any premium features that gives you advantages but mere cosmetics.
You have to pay for LoL heroes, which I heard can only be redeemed with real money.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


HoN isn't pay to win, it kinda was for a while where new heroes costed money for the first month "early access" after their release, then went free, now they are all completely free after release. But that was the only thing, which kinda was pay2win but not fully since it was only for a month.



You have to pay for LoL heroes, which I heard can only be redeemed with real money.
False. You can pay for champions with real money if you're a lazy fatass, or just earn it with the in game currency.
Both suck, Counter strike, war thunder and battlefield FTW
Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us