Using C++ properly

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Using C++ properly
Hi all,

I am concerned that most people on this forum use C++ to make their hacks, when they should really be using C. It doesn't really matter, but why use C++ if you are just going to use it like C?

Most hacks don't use classes, or any object-orientation. They just manipulate data, which is what C is for.

I used to do this when I made hacks, I was clueless back then lol.

Another thing is when a newbie asks "how to make hacks", everyone says "learn C++". Why not tell them to learn C? C++ is harder, and they really only need C.
I think it's because, if you learn c++, you can easily learn c aswell, and c++ is better for programming actual programs and most people that learn programming make hacks at first (on this page) but then go further and probably make some programs for some companies to make more money and then get a job that involves programming
I hope that answered your question
Quote Originally Posted by _corn_ View Post
Hi all,

I am concerned that most people on this forum use C++ to make their hacks, when they should really be using C. It doesn't really matter, but why use C++ if you are just going to use it like C?

Most hacks don't use classes, or any object-orientation. They just manipulate data, which is what C is for.

I used to do this when I made hacks, I was clueless back then lol.

Another thing is when a newbie asks "how to make hacks", everyone says "learn C++". Why not tell them to learn C? C++ is harder, and they really only need C.
It is entirely dependent on what they are making if they will need/use C++ specific features.

Given that C++ is a superset of C, there is basically no point to just focus on C specifically vs. C++ when they could use the knowledge of learning C++ to expand onto other projects later on. Learning a programming language isn't specific for one project alone, they will use what they learned to make other things in the future, so there is no reason to limit what they learn because of what 1 project uses.

If it were a career choice that required C specifically, then sure, learn C. Otherwise, there is no reason not to learn C++.
Yeah but most people don't even learn C++ properly, so there's no real advantage over C. My advice for newbies is if you are going to learn C++, learn it properly at the start.
Most hacks here use Direct3D. They do mostly use classes.
I started with C, went to C#.

But I see no reason for someone to avoid starting with C++ other than starting on a "lower" level kind of language with no 'objects' etc..
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
I started with C, went to C#.

But I see no reason for someone to avoid starting with C++ other than starting on a "lower" level kind of language with no 'objects' etc..
I started with C and went to C++. It's cool.
Yeah, everyone says C++ is cool and all that, but my main point is that most people don't even use it to its full extent. Sure, some hacks uses classes, but classes isn't everything when it comes to C++.

And, IMO C is more suited to making simple memory hacks, as it is about manipulating data rather than objects.
There is no C++ or C#

if there was no C, there will be no C# nor C++ nor java nor whatever...
Dennis Ritchie did a well job on creating C , if there was no C then we would be coding on BASIC or PASCAL...

So don't say whatever bullshit... , C++ is just a modified and enhanced version of C. and C# is also too.

people keep saying bullshit "awww yiss i code hack on C++ yiss im pro" BULLSHIT. its C, biatch.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

The N Word.
I don't see why it really matters. They are creating hacks using their knowledge of a programming language, whatever that may be. You could make a program in both C and C++ to click a point on your computer. Do they do the same functions? Yes. Why does it matter in what way you got to that point..
Quote Originally Posted by zsniprx View Post
I don't see why it really matters. They are creating hacks using their knowledge of a programming language, whatever that may be. You could make a program in both C and C++ to click a point on your computer. Do they do the same functions? Yes. Why does it matter in what way you got to that point..
Terminology is important in programming.
Quote Originally Posted by zsniprx View Post
I don't see why it really matters. They are creating hacks using their knowledge of a programming language, whatever that may be. You could make a program in both C and C++ to click a point on your computer. Do they do the same functions? Yes. Why does it matter in what way you got to that point..
See this:
I don't know what kind of hacks you've coded, but most of the ones I've worked on use quite a few things not found in pure C.
Simply because some C++ has simplified shits. Most of the coders "making hacks" can only make hacks because they followed a guide once and keep making their hack the same way. Don't ask them to create a pointer using the malloc keyword, they wouldn't understand shits.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us