HelpStart 64bit application

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Start 64bit application
Hello.

I have a problem that my VB.Net application is starting java in 32bit mode while I need java to start in 64bit mode.I tried to explicitly write path where java 64bit is located but no luck, still starts in 32bit mode. If I pass -d64 argument while launching then there will be error: "This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired veriosn." But if launch jar file using .bat file then Java will launch in 64bit mode (even without -d64).

Code:
Dim ProcessProperties As New ProcessStartInfo
ProcessProperties.FileName = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"
ProcessProperties.Arguments = "-d64 -Xms1024M -Xmx4096M -jar C:\a\jarfile.jar -o true"
Process.Start(ProcessProperties)


Could you please explain to me, what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.
what happens when you try ProcessProperties.FileName = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" ?
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
what happens when you try ProcessProperties.FileName = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" ?
Sorry for the long reply, I had a busy week. Yes, your java path worked and it launches as 64bit java. Thank you.
Sweet, I'm glad it wasn't something harder : ) Welcome.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?