Manually Hex Client

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Manually Hex Client
Hello everyone,
I would like to know how to manually hex my client to the latest version. I've seen several programs that do it automatically, but, unfortunately, I have a Mac. I already have rabcasm, so all you guys need to do is tell me which file to find the version number in.

Thanks in advance!
You don't use rabcasm to hex - You use Yogda or a simple hex editor (HxD) and 17.3 can't be hexed to 17.4
Read the earlier posts before you post something like this
Quote Originally Posted by apemanzilla View Post
...I have a Mac....
Yeah, I'm at least 3% sure.

Also, I HAVE been reading posts and haven't seen anything about being unable to hex 17.3 to 17.4. Could you link me to one thread/post saying that?
Quote Originally Posted by apemanzilla View Post
Yeah, I'm at least 3% sure.

Also, I HAVE been reading posts and haven't seen anything about being unable to hex 17.3 to 17.4. Could you link me to one thread/post saying that?
Of course,
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-...mg-17-4-a.html
Quote Originally Posted by apemanzilla View Post
Just because one person failed at attempting a hex, immediately after stating that the base names had changed, doesn't mean that its undoable.
Yes it does..
Quote Originally Posted by apemanzilla View Post
Hello everyone,
I would like to know how to manually hex my client to the latest version. I've seen several programs that do it automatically, but, unfortunately, I have a Mac. I already have rabcasm, so all you guys need to do is tell me which file to find the version number in.
First of all, Cyeclops has a hexer in the Mac version of RABCDasm that he posted. Second, if you want to find the file with the version number, you literally just type "17.3" into the search bar of any finder window and you will get the file you're looking for. But anyway hexing won't work.
Quote Originally Posted by evilcitrus View Post
First of all, Cyeclops has a hexer in the Mac version of RABCDasm that he posted. Second, if you want to find the file with the version number, you literally just type "17.3" into the search bar of any finder window and you will get the file you're looking for. But anyway hexing won't work.
I tried the search bar trick, but apparently my mac doesn't search the content of the file. I'm guessing that as long as you update all the pack ID's, hexing should work, but at that point it's almost easier just to update the hacks themselves. Thanks for the response.
Quote Originally Posted by Twont View Post
You don't use rabcasm to hex - You use Yogda
First off, as he stated, he's on a Mac, Yogda is for Windows only, secondly, you can just as easily use rabcasm to hex clients, the bash script I posted a while back uses rabcasm to do this.

Also as stated in other threads, the packet ID's are being changed with each update that is released, and the time and hassle it would be to changing those in a client, you would be better off just starting fresh and making a new client.

Quote Originally Posted by apemanzilla View Post
I tried the search bar trick, but apparently my mac doesn't search the content of the file.
I have never tried this, but Macs come with "grep" in Terminal which searches for strings, be it in a single or multiple folders....

example:

if you have your rabcasm folder on your desktop and want to search the word 'production' in every file in every folder within the client-1 folder, you would simply open Terminal and type:

grep -r "production" /Users/You/Desktop/rabcasm/client-1

Just make sure you point to the right folder you want to search in, if you make the mistake of selecting your main hard drive, you will be waiting for some time, since it will look in every file in every folder on your hard drive....
Quote Originally Posted by Cyeclops View Post
First off, as he stated, he's on a Mac, Yogda is for Windows only, secondly, you can just as easily use rabcasm to hex clients, the bash script I posted a while back uses rabcasm to do this.

Also as stated in other threads, the packet ID's are being changed with each update that is released, and the time and hassle it would be to changing those in a client, you would be better off just starting fresh and making a new client.

I have never tried this, but Macs come with "grep" in Terminal which searches for strings, be it in a single or multiple folders....

example:

if you have your rabcasm folder on your desktop and want to search the word 'production' in every file in every folder within the client-1 folder, you would simply open Terminal and type:

grep -r "production" /Users/You/Desktop/rabcasm/client-1

Just make sure you point to the right folder you want to search in, if you make the mistake of selecting your main hard drive, you will be waiting for some time, since it will look in every file in every folder on your hard drive....
Should just use the search feature...

I also said or a simple Hex editor, the fact that the op can't even use search leads me to believe that they would be unable to Rabcasm.. lol
Still it's stupid to answer this since you can't simply hex 17.3 to 17.4 xD

But, for further builds you could do it with the AIO Rabcdasm easy. "Search" tool.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us