HelpBF3 freezes

Posts 1–15 of 33 · Page 1 of 3
BF3 freezes
Yes, my PC meets minimal reqs. perfectly. I tried literally everything to make it work. Running windowed, as minimal settings as I could set. Game freezes without error in mission Semper Fidelis after going on-top of train and won't let me go farther. In multiplayer, game freezes after exactly 62 seconds every time or when get killed + game doesn't render grass/ground/sometimes water. Already tried google thousands of thousands times and found totally no solution. Can anyone help me?
Are you using any third party software for the game?
U can search on youtube and there's a tut where u download a ghraphic settings to bf3 to minimize ur settings and it should run perfect after that.
Or if ur PC is good then restart the modem
I have max requirements and this was happening to me as well. This is what worked for me: (Assuming your on Win 7)

Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Under performance click "Settings" > Go to Advance > Under "Virtual Memory" click change

Up your Max usage too at least 10GB (10,000 meg)

Next thing to do is open your command prompt and type this bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500

You should be all set
Quote Originally Posted by King Vegeta View Post
Are you using any third party software for the game?
No, I'm not - assuming that Origin doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by aaiight View Post
U can search on youtube and there's a tut where u download a ghraphic settings to bf3 to minimize ur settings and it should run perfect after that.
Or if ur PC is good then restart the modem
As I said before, I have lowest possible settings + windowed. Problem occurs in all modes: single-, multiplayer and co-op :/

Quote Originally Posted by Egghead1019 View Post
I have max requirements and this was happening to me as well. This is what worked for me: (Assuming your on Win 7)

Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Under performance click "Settings" > Go to Advance > Under "Virtual Memory" click change

Up your Max usage too at least 10GB (10,000 meg)

Next thing to do is open your command prompt and type this bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500

You should be all set
1GB = 1024MB (just sayin')
Yep, I'm on Win7 64-bit Ultimate. I don't really think that increasing VM by another 2GB (8GB right now) would help me, but worth a try. Prompt command? Lol, dunno even where it is
1GB = 1024MB (just sayin')
Yep, I'm on Win7 64-bit Ultimate. I don't really think that increasing VM by another 2GB (8GB right now) would help me, but worth a try. Prompt command? Lol, dunno even where it is [/QUOTE]

Type "Cmd" into your search bar then press enter. Type what he said in there and press enter and then exit.
Quote Originally Posted by Bris View Post
No, I'm not - assuming that Origin doesn't count


As I said before, I have lowest possible settings + windowed. Problem occurs in all modes: single-, multiplayer and co-op :/


1GB = 1024MB (just sayin')
Yep, I'm on Win7 64-bit Ultimate. I don't really think that increasing VM by another 2GB (8GB right now) would help me, but worth a try. Prompt command? Lol, dunno even where it is
Lol oops same difference. xD Post your specs please.
Quote Originally Posted by Egghead1019 View Post
your specs please.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3GHz
4GB RAM (+8GB virtual memory)
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Also, for people who thinks that I have not enough disc space: SCSI Disk Device 1TB

Anything else?
So, the only thing that changed is that now BF3 works 4 seconds longer. Any other ideas? :/
Quote Originally Posted by Bris View Post
So, the only thing that changed is that now BF3 works 4 seconds longer. Any other ideas? :/
Sorry my reply with quote didn't work properly hah. I'm not sure then sorry bud.
I would suggest you to update bios. It could sound weird for a game trouble, but if you are not able to solve in any way, try this step and let us know.
Same thing happened to my old PC but it runs without lagging now. As i sed u can search on youtube or google for bf3 graphics settings and somehow it will fix it self or just search for u PC graphics settings and set it all on high and reinstall bf3
I'm fucked. Why? Using ATI, not Nvidia. BF3 was designed for Nvidia graphic cards. Won't be able to do anything about it, sadly.
Quote Originally Posted by Bris View Post
I'm fucked. Why? Using ATI, not Nvidia. BF3 was designed for Nvidia graphic cards. Won't be able to do anything about it, sadly.
DICE/EA partnered with AMD...
Quote Originally Posted by Bris View Post
I'm fucked. Why? Using ATI, not Nvidia. BF3 was designed for Nvidia graphic cards. Won't be able to do anything about it, sadly.
AMD Actually
Posts 1–15 of 33 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us