HelpIs it possible?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Is it possible?
Hi, i'm just asking to know exactly what i'd be dealing with here in a few days. An infamous hacker/ddos'r was banned from a semi well known server, and is back now with an alt, and after a few messages I convinced him to send me his custom texture pack which looks amazing. Of course, i'm semi cautious of him, so here's what I want to know:
Is there a way that you can hide a virus within a resource pack?
If there is, is anyone willing to scan it for me or is there a way I can do it myself?

Thank you, even if you can't or wont help it atleast lets me know someone cared enough to read this.
-Rec
Quote Originally Posted by Reclamen View Post
Hi, i'm just asking to know exactly what i'd be dealing with here in a few days. An infamous hacker/ddos'r was banned from a semi well known server, and is back now with an alt, and after a few messages I convinced him to send me his custom texture pack which looks amazing. Of course, i'm semi cautious of him, so here's what I want to know:
Is there a way that you can hide a virus within a resource pack?
If there is, is anyone willing to scan it for me or is there a way I can do it myself?

Thank you, even if you can't or wont help it atleast lets me know someone cared enough to read this.
-Rec
Jotti's malware scan
https://www.virustotal.com/uk/

Uhm, hidden exes, jars.. Stuff like that could be harmful. Remember.. Texture packs consist of images and folders .-. Not Executables..
Uhm.. If the scans return something as negative... Careful?
Just check the files of the resource pack, if it contains executable files then they are most likely malware.
The way that resoucepacks work wouldn't allow for your average "Hurr durr imma rat jew" executable to even be recognized. It would have to be bound to the image or sound files minecraft uses in-game. Even if it ran a file that was infected, due to the way it's used and how java runs, I doubt the malware would even run.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us