Reduce lag, gain FPS & improve overall gaming performance
Hello.
It has been a long time since I've started a thread on MPGH, especially on the BlackShot section.
Not sure if any of you still remember who I am or rather, who I was.
Anyway, I realized many of you have lag problems while playing BlackShot, probably because you have an lower-end computer.
Hopefully the guides below would help you improve your gaming performance.
Note: The guide below will not fix or improve the network lags (Ping)
#1 - Razer GameBooster
What the Razer GameBooster does is basically to shut down unnecessary functions and applications that are running in the background.
This will boost your PC by free-ing up some resources so that they can be used by the running game, in this case, BlackShot.

I've personally tried this GameBooster, well it gave me a 5-10 FPS gain. Not much, but it works nonetheless.
I must say this though, try to download the older versions. The current version seems a little laggy when loading up the UI.
Try it anyway.
Here's the link: Razer GameBoosterⓘ
#2 - Game settings
You probably seen this over a thousand times, but I just have to include this here.
If you want more FPS and less lags, you'll have to sacrifice visual quality.

Your settings panel should look like this, simply set every settings to "LOW". Trust me on this, it will definitely improve your FPS, like 100%.
If you're still experiencing lag after setting everything to "LOW", try to turn down your resolution a little.
#3 - Defrag your Hard Disk
Well, I'm not too sure how to explain Disk De-fragmenting, but here's a simplified version of it.
In your hard disk, there are many sectors, parts of files are stored in them all over the place. When accessing your files, the hard disk arm has to move all around the place to load the file.
The main idea of defragging is to rearrange the files around so that they are in a position that makes it easier to load the files, minimizing the movement of the hard disk arm (Faster loading time).
However the process often takes a long time, I've only defragged once, never going to do it again.. I'm not a patient person.

For this task, I suggest you use a freeware called Auslogics Disk Defrag.
This will probably improve the loading time of your game.
Here's the link: Auslogics Disk Defragⓘ
#4 - RAM Upgrade
If your computer only has 2GB of RAM, I really suggest you to do a RAM upgrade. A 4GB RAM stick are really cheap nowadays.
In Singapore, I recommend you to go to a place called Sim Lim Square. Shops there sell 4GB RAM sticks at around SG$20.
Do not ask the people there to install the RAM sticks for you, they charge ridiculous prices for the RAM upgrades, you can save yourself $40 just by putting in the RAM sticks yourself.

Before doing a RAM upgrade, you'll need to:
- Check what type of RAM is your computer using.
- Make sure you know how to disassemble your computer (to reveal the RAM slots) and reassemble it.
#5 - Update your Graphic Card Drivers
This is also another very important thing to do, keep your graphic drivers updated. Graphic card companies occasionally release updated drivers, usually to fix bugs, or to provide improved performance when gaming. So by updating drivers, there's a high chance you'll experience a improvement in gaming performance.
To download the drivers you'll need to check out what Graphic card is installed in your computer. a
Then proceed to the respective websites to download the drivers.
Here are the links to the top graphic card manufacturers:
NVIDIAⓘ
AMDⓘ
Intelⓘ
#6 - Clean your computer (Physically)
Yes, by cleaning your computer, I mean like physically clean your computer. If you're using a laptop, this section is for you.
Dust always gets trapped in the heat sink of your laptop, over time, this clogs up the heat sink, reducing the air flow in your computer.
With reduced air flow, the temperature increases, this will affect the performance to a large extend.

I personally have done this before, when I opened up my laptop, I was shocked to discover a thick layer of dust covering the heat sink.
Mine looked exactly like the picture above, yours might be worse.
After cleaning, my computer ran much cooler and it really improved the FPS, I really recommend you doing this.
To do this, you'll need to know how to disassemble your computer and reassemble it after cleaning up.
Or you can bring your computer to a nice computer servicing shop for cleaning, you'll have to pay a fee though.
All right, I'm tired now. Spent a few hours writing this guide.
I might add more guide here soon, when I think of them. I think I missed out some. Hmm..
I hope this thread helped you guys out there.
Please press thanks if you appreciate my effort.
Cheers.


and for ping i use cfosspeed, some one posted that program long agou. and still it help's me
when other games run good 
i cracked. i newer pay
i think iobit too me is best thats all 