Lightbulb[Video] VB.Net Improving GUI Tutorial #1

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
[Video] VB.Net Improving GUI Tutorial #1
If you're not a big fan of themes, you're going to like this. Enjoy

While I still would prefer to use themes ( xVisual ), you can actually do a lot with the common objects and default look to make your project look nicer. Nice tut overall!
Quote Originally Posted by LordPankake View Post
While I still would prefer to use themes ( xVisual ), you can actually do a lot with the common objects and default look to make your project look nicer. Nice tut overall!
You won't be able to release commercial software using someone else's theme. Anyways, thanks for your feed back..
I see no point adding your webcam, why 4 long minutes for 2 lines of code? Can you explain what every code does?

Sorry but this video is unprofessional and garbage.
@Geometrical Don't listen to this guy..his post is the garbage. Keep it up. (video isn't perfect, but thank you for what you do)
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
@Geometrical Don't listen to this guy..his post is the garbage. Keep it up. (video isn't perfect, but thank you for what you do)
Sorry for giving an honest opinion. If nobody ain't going to tell him how's he going to know? I'm not hating, just trying to help.
I agree with what you said, but not with how you said it. That's all.
 
reasoning

OP gave some time and effort to make the video..obviously he cares about being part of the community.. and all you had for him were harsh words - you should feel ashamed; you don't treat people like that. Especially younger people / new to coding.
That was not* constructive criticism.

Video was poop...but not the point.
@abuckau907 thank you very much
@Womanizer`those are just some simple drawing functions, I just documented the parameters to make them even simpler. And the functions' names are so clear that they explain themselves so there is no need to waste time on that. People may not like the video, but they keep it to themselves. You may think that I like your 'honest opinion' but I don't, it just shatters my will.
Quote Originally Posted by Geometrical View Post
@Womanizer`those are just some simple drawing functions, I just documented the parameters to make them even simpler. And the functions' names are so clear that they explain themselves so there is no need to waste time on that. People may not like the video, but they keep it to themselves. You may think that I like your 'honest opinion' but I don't, it just shatters my will.
Excuse me, I didn't mean it personal. I'm trying to give you my perspective as a viewer and what I find in this video annoying so you can improve it and so that you don't repeat these mistakes over and over again.
As a viewer I find it extremely annoying that it takes you 2 minutes to build up the project. You could have these buttons,panels added before recording and as a result the video would be a lot shorter. People want videos to be short.
And why would you add a camera? I don't think anyone would care how you look. You're not vloging or doing a review or something.

And as you made this thread, I though you wanted some honest opinions. I am being honest and I want you to improve on what I told you so that it would be more pleasing to watch your videos and you'd get more views.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us