Home Build

Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
Home Build
just finished my home build !

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz
8.00GB ram (x2 corsair Dominator Platinums.)
64 bit
gigabyte GTX 460 x2 sli (upgrading to 780 or 780ti)
240GB (Samsung SSD) (upgrading another SSD)
corsair graphite 600t case
corsair SP120 fans quite edition
H100i corsair CPU water cooler
FATALITYz8 professional series motherboard
FATALITY 1000w modular power supply 80plus GOLD

Need to upgrade graphics card as well as more water-cooling. any advice?
I also need to know difference between 780 and 780 ti ?
maybe some advice on overclocking as I am new to that.



Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
just finished my home build !

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz
8.00GB ram (x2 corsair Dominator Platinums.)
64 bit
gigabyte GTX 460 x2 sli (upgrading to 780 or 780ti)
240GB (Samsung SSD) (upgrading another SSD)
corsair graphite 600t case
corsair SP120 fans quite edition
H100i corsair CPU water cooler
FATALITYz8 professional series motherboard
FATALITY 1000w modular power supply 80plus GOLD

Need to upgrade graphics card as well as more water-cooling. any advice?
I also need to know difference between 780 and 780 ti ?
maybe some advice on overclocking as I am new to that.



Build looks okay but damn there are a lot of lights on that case!

Also are you going for 16Gb RAM or only 8 'cause the way you wrote it is a bit…you know.

i think the only difference between the 780 and 780Ti is that the 780Ti has a fully fledge GK110 chip or is the GK110B chip. That and it having more juice for gaming.
Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post


Build looks okay but damn there are a lot of lights on that case!

Also are you going for 16Gb RAM or only 8 'cause the way you wrote it is a bit…you know.

i think the only difference between the 780 and 780Ti is that the 780Ti has a fully fledge GK110 chip or is the GK110B chip. That and it having more juice for gaming.
I will buy two more dominator platinum's 4gb each making it 8gb together making it 16gb total but my friend said that's over kill
so I will be waiting for a new card as my 460s in SLI arnt holding up as well. about to order another Samsung SSD. also yes I love
the lights I always wanted a pc that can glow but ill take some photos after school today without the lights on so you can see the build setup.
Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
I will buy two more dominator platinum's 4gb each making it 8gb together making it 16gb total but my friend said that's over kill
so I will be waiting for a new card as my 460s in SLI arnt holding up as well. about to order another Samsung SSD. also yes I love
the lights I always wanted a pc that can glow but ill take some photos after school today without the lights on so you can see the build setup.
Cool, will be waiting to see. Also, 16Gb of RAM isn't that overkill. Unless you're doing the Really extreme Dominator Platinum's like I did (2x8Gb 2400Mhz)
yes mine are 2400mhz and ill post pictures up tomorrow never got the chance today with work and all. I think my wire management is good but it needs work . I just ordered the msi 780 like you suggested cant wait till it comes in !!! and I got another 240gb ssd. im clueless on how to get water-cooling on this card but I was hoping you could send me in the right direction ill post pictures and specs on it when it rolls in. I really want a tank for the water-cooling it looks insane with it. I just never done any water cooling other then installing the h100i which doesn't really count. also need advice on overclocking .
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
showing off. okay you have a great PC.
Quote Originally Posted by Jhem View Post
showing off. okay you have a great PC.
not at all =) !! no I need advice on how to water-cool a 780 msi card aswell as how to overclock!! if you can please do teach away
Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
not at all =) !! no I need advice on how to water-cool a 780 msi card aswell as how to overclock!! if you can please do teach away
What's your purpose for overclocking the card? Trying to squeeze performance or just as a hobby?
Quote Originally Posted by SirRav View Post
What's your purpose for overclocking the card? Trying to squeeze performance or just as a hobby?

just as a hobby . I wanna try it out ive learned a little about cpu overclocking idk how to do it to the card. I raised my ghz for 3.5 to 4.3 it was fun
just put in a new 780 OC from msi and when I open any game I get a crash any ideas?
updated all drivers on card and on motherboard still no luck even updated MY BOIS.
also tried getting new pci cables still complete restart every time I open any game.
Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
just put in a new 780 OC from msi and when I open any game I get a crash any ideas?
updated all drivers on card and on motherboard still no luck even updated MY BOIS.
also tried getting new pci cables still complete restart every time I open any game.
Did you try removing the NVIDIA drivers and doing a completely fresh install?
Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
just put in a new 780 OC from msi and when I open any game I get a crash any ideas?
updated all drivers on card and on motherboard still no luck even updated MY BOIS.
also tried getting new pci cables still complete restart every time I open any game.
Bluescreening? Artifacts before crashing? Or is it just a hard restart.
Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us